Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iOS and Android SIP clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qzwsa

Technical User
Sep 26, 2011
CA
Hi everyone. I've set up both an iPhone and an Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy) with SIP clients and got them registered to my demo IP Office 500v2 R7. I can make and receive calls to the desk phones on out on trunks with no issues, and even pick up parked calls and access voicemail via short codes.

My issue is paging. I can't get the SIP client to use a short code for paging. If I dial a short code (say *99 // dial paging // 3002) all of my phones in group 3002 beep as if the paging is coming through, but my client still says "dialing..."

It appears as if the IPO is not sending an answered status packet (not technical terms, just BS I made up) to the client ext.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I've got to figure it out on my demo equipment quick before I have to go on site to an install and look like a fool.

Thanks!

Qz

Whoops. Forgot to mention that I'm connected via WiFi local to the IPO and not from a remote network.

Thank
Qz

Upgrade to the latest R7.0 there was a bug in one of the 7.0 if im not mistaken it was 7.0.23

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

The IPO software is at 7.0 (232702) which is 7.0(23) with the patch for the 9508 speaker phone issue.

Thank,
Qz

Try 7.0.27

Avaya_Red.gif

O-Kaaayyyyyyy. I just did some research and ver7.0(27) is not a good idea as our sales guys are fond of the 9508/4 digital sets, which are utterly broken on 7.0(27). I can't have my sales demo equipment or the install I've got upcoming have 9508 sets that don't work.

Any other ideas? I expect that the same problems with the 9508 in 7.0(27) exist in 8.0(16) as they were released 5 days apart so going to R8 won't work.

Thanks,
Qz

Haven't heard anything about 9508 not working on the latest R7 or 8.

Where did you find that info?

Avaya_Red.gif

Here's a link to another thread on here

I've also verified the issues with the navigation pad and personal contacts on a system I've got that is about to be installed. I upgraded it to 7.0(27) just for the purpose of checking these problem. Visual voicemail is totally usless without a working navigation pad.

Thanks,
Qz

Bas1234 I have a case open for an issue with a 9508 on 7.0.27
You where not in that day.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Okay, I will check it next week.

Avaya_Red.gif

Qzwsa - the 95xx navigation and contacts issue is fixed in 8.0.16. I tested with on both version 7.0.27 and 8.0.16 and the issue is fixed in 8.0.16.

Hi everyone
Qzwsa, Have you tried in a remote network in the Samsung Galaxy?
A customer is about to buy a Galaxy II, but he wants to use it with vpn. How does the vpn work?
thnks in advance

Hey Qzwsa, I have a local sip client on my iphone and I can page a huntgroup via shortcode just fine. (I use *98 /Dial Paging / 300) I'm on 8.0.16. What SIP client are you using?

hi Qzwsa

what version & firmware are you using?
what client are you using?
I have trialled most of them,
Media5 is my preferred weapon!
I have added shortcodes for various features including paging to my iphone contacts and then assigned the relevant contact to favourites(speed dials in media5 app) they act as feature keys do on a desk phone, works a treat!

oh yeah,also have the sip client on android and associated it with the one-x preferred, this avoids pstn costs!

Hi qtelcom. I'm running SIPdroid on my Galaxy and Media5 (free) on an iPhone. My system is running 7.0 (232702). I'm expecting to upgrade my demo equipment to r8 in the near future and will try it again once that's done.

I prefer SIPdroid over Media5 as SIPdroid starts up on power up and supports 2 lines so I can have my SIP provider connected with a DID for the other side of the country and a SIP extension off my IPO, but that's a personal thing on a personal phone. I'm against all things Apple (and have been since the Apple IIe) so I not very familiar with the iPhone or the Media5 iPhone app.

Regards,
Qz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back