Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intruder Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
V9

Customer wants to be able to broadcast, from any phone, to all phones in case of an Intruder or an Emergency.

The problem as I see it, is phones with DND-on will not hear the page. If I put all phones in the DND exception list then that means no DND for any internal calls.

Any way around this?

Yes, Overhead speakers. I have run into this. If someone is on the phone they are not going to receive the page., If your customer really wants to cover the bases, this is the best way to do it.

The system should never be used in such circumstances, it is not designed to provide pages at all costs as it where, you would be on shakey legal ground should something happen :)

You could setup an Avaya Notification System, we have one going in for a customer. Pretty neat actually.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back