Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interquartz and IP Office recall issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayt2702

Technical User
Feb 24, 2005
GB
Could anyone offer any advice with this problem:

I am using an IP Office setup with Interquartz Gemini CLI 9335 phones. When I press the recall button to put a call on hold, it can take up to three attempts before the call is actually put on hold.

I have tried various 2.1 releases, 3.0 and the latest June release, but still we can not seem to fix this problem.

I have read on these forums that settings the TBR timing may help, however Interquartz don't provide any information on how to configure the TBR timings (according to their website ( you can select from 100,200,300 or 400ms timings. Please could anyone advise me on how I can change these timings, or any recommended settings to enter into the Manager application for the IP Office unit.

I have also read that certain versions of the firmware may provide more reliable results. Is there anyone who uses a similar setup who does not suffer from this problem who maybe able to recommend a firmware revision for the analogue module to aid in fixing this problem?

Any advise would be most appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
Jason

play with the hook switch timers in the extension settings.

We have about 60 Gemini CLI phones, all attached to an IP office, we've tried various settings on 2.1.27, 2.1.30 and now 2.1.35 (or whatever the latest 2.1 release is).

None of which have given reliable RECALL to transfer calls. It's now at a stage where the staff are not transfering calls, instead getting collegues to call the customer back, as that works!

If anyone does have some working settings, then I'd be interested in them too!

Rumours says that there is a recall-problem from 2.1(27) and on. Try putting 4.1(24) in the phone-modules. That has helped on some of our installations.

Thanks bason and NuggiFirst. I will try those suggestions at work on Monday and report back here with my findings.

Hi,

we have experienced these 'Recall' problems since Network Alchemy Argent office is become AVAYA IP Office.
The problem is well known in France.
All our analog phones are set to flash with 300 ms : Alcatel Temporis, Siemens Gigaset, Matra DORO, Tiptel 142, etc...
The 'R' button on these phone have to be pressed 2 times by the user to put on hold the line.
No setting nor reliable verszion in Manager\Extension have been found to fix this problem.
The only solution we have found is to subsitute the IP PHONE modules with Argent PHONE modules. then, the problem disappears.
All our analog phone users transfer calls with PhoneManager.

Same problem here. We have send this problem to Avaya and they never heard it about it before. Suggest that everyone escaltes this via their channels to Avaya to get them solving this problem.

Arnoud

just received an update from Avaya: they are working on a solution which consist of an update for the phone modules but also for the phones themselves.....Not clear yet what this last update means. It depends on the phone hardwarelevel.

Arnoud

We also have the problem!! is there already a solution

Johan

I have tested this using 2.1.44 with a pots 30 Module to have recall issue, pots 16 and pots on main unit were fine. A maintenance bin file for the pots 30 was used to resolve. Please esculate through your channels to get this fix.

Intrigant, do you mean that 3.0_59 fix the "Recall" problem ?

It did it for me ( three locations ) so why shouldn't it work for you?

I am having this problem on our two POTS30+ modules. Due to various swappouts of our main box, we are currently using an IP403 which says it is V3.0 (531). However our POTS30+ modules show as being V5.0 (531) - is this right?

I am reading the versions from Manager->Units.

Same problem with 3.1.29 and 9335 with v2 firmware :(

v3.1 seems to be worse than 3.0. Recall doesn't work AT ALL now.

The 9335 handsets are being swapped out for ones with new firmware. Perhaps this problem will be solved with new firmware.

I've tried using an old Panasonic analogue phone. The recall button on that works perfectly well. Must be the 9335 handset that's the problem.

Hello all,

I have several IPO sites with 2.1(27), 2.1(31) and 2.1(35)all have IP400 Phone30 or Argent POTs30 modules running 2.1(24)

These sites have had NO problems with Recall on the 9335-AV phones for almost a year (since downgrading the Phone Modules to Rev 24.)

If it ain't broke - upgrade it.....!
(and watch you world come crashing down around you)

Sorry,

Should have said 4.1(24) bin file on the Phone Modules fixes 9335-AV recall problems.

If it ain't broke - upgrade it.....!
(and watch you world come crashing down around you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back