Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

international call dosen't work 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZeng

Programmer
Aug 12, 2002
US
Our company just changed the PBX form a Merlin Lengend to G3si V6. The G3 has only one ISDN-PRI trunk group.
While we were on Merlin Legend, we could make international call on this trunk group. On G3, when we dial 011xxxxxxx, after 5 or 6 seconds, we get a busy tone. The international call never go through on G3. we can make long distance call.

On ARS ANA table, we set 011 with 10-min, 18-max. 2-route pat, intl-call type.

I use command "list ars rout" command, the international call use route pattern 2

Route patern 2 has FRL of 0, and the station has COR of 1 with FRL 7, and the trunk group has COR of 0 with FRL 0.

something wrong with the setting?

Your help is grately appreciated!

Since you can dial the entire number and then get the busy signal, it sounds to me like you are hitting your carrier, but your carrier does not like what you are sending. You may have a prefix mark problem??

What does route pattern 2 look like?

Are you running CDR on the G3 if so I would check the call record and see if its tring to get out .Also you could post route pattern 2 for us to have a look .

ctr999 and yimmer,
Thank you very much!

Here is the route pattern 2 setting: (Only one trunk group is defined in this page, because we have only one trunk group(ISDN-PRI)).

Grp No: 1
FRL: 0
NPA:Blank
Pfx Mrk: blank
Hop Lmt: Blank
Toll List: blank
No. del: Blank
Inserted String: blank
IXC: user
BCC Value: 0-Y 1-Y 2-Y 3-Y 4-Y W-N
TSC: N
CA-TSC request: Blank
ITC: Both
BCIE: unr
Service/Feature: blank
Band: Blank
Numbering Format: blank
LAR: none

Ok do a list rou pat , check out other routes your using they shouls be the same the one you posted but I think you are missing the SERVICE/FEATURE OR NPA AND PREFIX
can tou post a different route to compare
Yimmer

I think you are OK with the NPA blank. Try a pfx mk of 1 or 4. If you are using AT&T, I've had to use 0 for the pfx mk, but only for U.S. long-distance.

Good Luck.

I leave pfx mk blank, and set "sdn" in SERVICE/FEATURE, the international call works!
Thank so much for your guys' help!

You may also want to try to delete 3 digits on the route pattern form. Some carriers insert "011" into the dial string when seeing the call type "intl" in the PRI setup message. You end up with "011011+the number". -CL

According to lopes1211's hint, I leave blank in pfx mk and service/feature, and delete 3 digits, it works! I like this solution!

To test the path a call takes (route pat.) Do List ars route-chosen plus the full number
ie: l ars ro 011441882345678
This will tell you the pattern match (011), the route pattern chosen etc.

Seems not all carriers use the "INTL" bit properly,
I had some major troubles with KPN here in the Netherlands for example.
Their 5ESS switches would reject the "INTL" setting intermittently(and their engineers never were able to explain me why.)
If you use 'list trace station xxxx",on your own station when you dial the number you can't reach, it will show you where it dies.
setting the call type back to "pubu" on the ars analyses from "INTL" fixed it for me..

Lopes good tip,this explains a lot for me ..

Hope this helps,

Rob

On some of our network switches (we have DMS100's, 5ESS & GTD-5's here, depending on the CO) I have found we often need to use pubu as the call type in order for it to work properly. Sometimes its necessary to put unk-unk in the numbering format in the route pattern. (especially with the GTD-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back