Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal calls routing to voicemail, but external calls to extension! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveAtVarlink

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2015
GB
Afternoon all

I wonder if someone can help me with a problem on a BCM50 I have inherited. (forgive the potential misuse of terminology)

I have an extension (DN) that for internal calls routes correctly when busy or not answered to a hunt group, and then if the call is still not answered routes to voicemail.

However for external calls, the call is routed correctly when busy or not answered to a hunt group but then if it not answered goes to another extension (which happens to be our MD!)

He's getting a little frustrated as you can imagine, so I need to sort this ASAP.

Where will I find the config in Element Manager that causes the internal and external calls to be routed differently?

Any assistance is gratefully received.

Thanks, Steve

It is probably two different hunt groups. You need to change to overflow of the 2nd HG to the voice mail DN.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean different hunt groups for internal and external calls? Where would I see this?

In Active Sets I see "Forward on No Answer" and "Forward on Busy" for the DN both set to the same Hunt Group DN. This is the same for two other extension within the team, that do route as expected.

I can also see in Target Lines that the line in question for "If busy" is set "to prime" - in this case the "Prime Set" being the extension of the MD.

Is it possible that when it comes for the external call to be routed to voicemail, when not answered by the extension or hunt group, the external call is rejected somehow by voicemail which causes then to fall back to Prime Set & the MD!?!?

Thanks, Steve

What does MD mean?

Yes Calls will go to the prime set when it cant do as directed or when the DRT times out.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

There is no separate CFNA/CFB rule for external and internal calls.

You will have to use hunt groups which don't follow CFNA/CFB rule.

Internal: Use CFNA/CFB to where ever you want.

External: Put lines in hunt groups, add hunt groups to the appropriate phones, overflow hunt groups to the appropriate places.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

@Curlycord - MD is Managing Director, who is p**sed off with getting my external calls when my phone isn't answered.

@allworxguy - So when an external call comes in the CFB/CFNA set on the DN is ignored? And the forwarding is handled according to how the LINE is configured?

Steve

Thanks for your help guys.

I changed the Prime Set for the line to the extension/DN (not the MD's DN) and it all works perfectly.

Cheers, Steve

i believe your manager director needed to have the first DN of the system so his DN is the price DN for everything in the system unless you manualy change it.
nikos

@koulioumbis Yes, I believe you are correct, but sadly I was not around when the system was installed. It looks like the Prime Set has been changed for individual Lines as they have been configured, but there is no logic to what DNs have been selected as the Prime Set for each line - its all a bit random! We have got some housekeeping to do now that we know how to configure correctly.

Thanks, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back