Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intermittent DTMF tones on IP Office 4.2 after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB45

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
US
I got a call from a site saying that after an upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2(11) they have problems with intermittent DTMF tones.
I found a similar problem in thread 940-1479082 and am wondering if it also applies to 4.2 upgrades. I assume it does but thought I'd check if anyone has seen this before I visit the site tomorrow to work on it.

If you didn't step the exapansion modules throught 3.2.999 this is what happens.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Yeah that was what I figured after reading the other post. For some reason I thought I read that it wasn't necessary for the interm upgrade when going from any 3.2 release. Guess not.
I'll downgrade and then repeat the upgrade including the interm when I'm onsite tomorrow.

Thanks.

You don't need to when you are already on 4.x
Everything under that needs the 3.2.999 for DS modules

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter, so if I understand you're saying that since the DS modules are now on 4.2 I can simply downgrade back to 3.2 then upgrade direct to 4.2 skipping the 3.2.999 interm?

Or is the interm just needed on the DS modules?

If your DS module is on 3.2 or lower you need the 3.2.999
If your module already had the 3.2.999 and is on 4.x then you do not need it anymore

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Just do it, it takes two mins to do it, going back to 3.2 would take much longer than going to 3.2.999 and back.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

i agree with amriddle. i have had this issue pop up on sites that i know have bneen through 3.2.999 because i installed them, reflash them with 3.2.999 and then back to 4.2 and it clears up.

does literally take 2 minutes

We have had the same problem re-ocurr having gone through the 3.2.999 process. A soft reset has no affect but a power on/off appears to do the trick.

try putting it through 3.2.999 again.

cant hurt

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

Probably give that a try next time it starts playing up.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back