Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing CM 6.3 using EPW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3allam

Instructor
Aug 6, 2014
EG
Hi,

Have any one installed CM before using EPW?

if, yes kindly share your knowledge.

Thanks,

Allam Aly

I played with it the other day and did not see the benefit. It only modifies the CM template IP addresses (which is normally 3 to 5 addresses) but does not/will not modify any of the system platform info (dom/cdom/service/sal,etc). If EPW somehow made the process like a Windows "unattended install", I could see value in it but it does not do that. Reality is that it takes the same amount of time or longer to type the stuff in EPW than it does on the regular install form and it just creates 1 more thing for you to manage and import. Total waste of time IMO.

-CL

Lopes,

Thanks for your reply. on which CM version you were trying on? as I'm trying to use it for 6.3 ver, but I failed to launch the file as a start.

I have downloaded "CM_Pre-Installation_Wizard_7468.exe" and installed it on my laptop (win 7) and every time I run the "run CM pre-installion wizard.bat" a CMD black screen flashes and thats it.

My test was on 6.3. I think I had a similar issue on win7 which I'm sure could be overcome but I just moved on and ran it on my XP virtual machine, ran the EPW wizard and created the EPW file.

-CL

That's right they mentioned in the read me file to run it on win XP, but I insisted to run it on windows 7.

Thanks Lopes. I appreciate your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back