Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Avaya Workplace App for Android (3.33.0.95) Error 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani66

Technical User
May 23, 2022
DE
Hello,
I am trying to set up the Avaya Workplace app for Android (3.33.0.95). After installation, the queries about permissions come up. When I answer the second query "Allow Avaya Workplace to find nearby devices and connect and determine their relative position?" with "Do not allow", the "Required permissions" window comes up and I can only Exit.
Does anyone know the problem and have a solution?

Thanks and sorry for my English.

What reason could there be that a phone app needs this permission?

It is most likely the operating system that has to allow it, the app just needs some level of access like contacts, camera, microphone, location (most likely)and probably some more so your OS has to allow it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

That setting is to allow the app to connect to bluetooth devices and such.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, this permission "Allow Avaya Workplace to find nearby devices and connect and determine their relative position?" is now mandatory for installing and using Workplace on an Android device. If I remove this permission after the installation, Workplace does not start anymore.
Why is this permission so important for Avaya?

Assume there is a valid reason for the permission. Either accept it or don’t use the application.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably delete the app then

but please tell me you do not have Tik-Tok on your cell or use WhatsApp

Those are the ones that you should worry about way more than the security with the Avaya App

Not to start a war here with people that want to defend those apps I mentioned. (tongue in cheek)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Hello Westi, you do not need to worry, these apps do not come to my phone. It just annoys me that the apps always want more permissions.

I have android 13 and if you remove the permissions the app stop to work.

Thank you for the information.
But why is this location feature so important that without this authorization the Workplace Client will not start.
But I guess Avaya will not answer that.

Its not location, read what is says more closely. It wants permission to check whether other devices the user might have (headphones, smart watch, etc) are in range as they can also be used to control things like calls, recive notifications, etc. Read this:
Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back