Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a Polycom conference room telephone into a Avaya Partner system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
ACS R6 Processor, two 308s, one Voice Mail VS R4.0. The Polycom acts like a 2500 set, strictly two wire. Installed it at extension 20 port. Turned off access to the two intercoms, gave access to clients five incoming pots lines. Polycom works great except when I hit conference to conference in a second telephone number, it gives me system (intercom) dial tone, then I have to dial nine for an outside line. How can that be if I denied extension 20 access to the two intercoms.

You didn't deny it you programmed auto line select which is only for the initial call being placed or handset being lifted. You always have intercom or you would not be able to transfer calls or use features.
Mike

Is their a way to deny intercom? Or I have to teach the client they must dial a nine for outside access?

you will always need to dial a 9 for the conference feature. What the conference button on the Polycom does is flash the line, so the system think that as a single line device a flash means give intercom dial tone for transfer.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back