Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a 0x16 station module in our MICS 4.1 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwadswor

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
US
Our company is expanding, and needs to install an additional 0x16 module (we already have one, and are adding a second) into our 0x32 MICS 4.1 system. I have done enough research to know that we have a 6-port fiber expansion card with 5 ports availible, so that part won't be an issue.

I have telco experience working with a Siemens PBX with installing cards, ports, cabling, cross-connecting, and the like.

How difficult is it to install a 0x16 module? Is it as simple as physically mountng the unit, connecting the fiber, connecting & terminating the 25 pair cable, and some minimal system programming? I have done simple programming on this system (moving DN's, changing line ringing options, etc), but nothing of this magnitude.

If it is relatively simple, where can I go to get installation instructions for the programming of this module?

Thanks, as always, for your valued input.

Jon

YUP its pretty much that simple. hang it on the wall and plug it in. When you plug the fibre module in, you might want to have the KSU off, i've had a system do a cold boot on me (only once) when i plugged in a fibre hot. There is no special "its this kind of module" programming, just plug it in, and program the ports. Man i love Norstar

Yup, Yup, Canadianwolf said it right, but be sure to power down first. The KSU has to take an audit when it boots to see what all is hand-shakin' anyway, so always POWER DOWN.
On the expansion ports, count STATION modules from the bottom, TRUNK modules from the top.

MarvO said it

We recently moved a phone switch to a new office. I re-did system setup to set the system back to defaults.
0x32 system. Mics 4.0
Two 6 pt fiber expansion cards.
1 - NAM
1 - 0x12 trunk module.

The 0x32 system sees the NAM and 0x12 trunk module, it will not see ANY station modules. I had 6 on the system previously. I made sure the other ports on the fiber unit are configured to be StaMod.

I have swapped fiber cables, ports and power cycled the KSU multiple times to no avail.

Ideas?

tiggermanh -
I'd try re-posting this as a new thread... I'm not sure what's up with your system, but I know somebody here'll be able to help!!

Good luck,

Jon

try plugging in a phone to the port

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Listen to Luv2ski. Terminate a set on any of the station ports on the 0x16 and power it up. The KSU will see the set, and recognize the module as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back