Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install modules in an 8610

Status
Not open for further replies.

pplewis

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
ES
Hi, we have an 8610 with 2 free slots in which I need to install extra modules, an 8616GTE and an 8632TXE, is there anything i need to be aware of, I'm particularly thinking of the software revision on the modules, since they are refurbished I won't know what they are.
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't expect problems, those modules are a little older and should be well supported unless you were running CPU code that was very old.

A couple of concerns I would check on:

- What software version are you running on the 8600 CPUs now? E modules won't work on 7.x code.

- If you currently have only R modules (GTR, GTRS, etc.), make sure the R-mode flag is not set

Also check the total amount of consumed power. As these are your two last slots, i would definitely check the PSU rating.

During seating you will see in the log that the currently running software version is loaded to the module. If any errors will occur, the module will be disabled and wouldn't cause issues on the rest of the modules.

Cheers

Bas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back