Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert a pasue on Speed dial numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

miteltech06

Technical User
Sep 7, 2006
US
Hi,

After we change from SX2000 to 3300 ICP we no longer can insert pauses when programming Speed dial numbers, I can see on the SS4050 LCD Insert pause, I’m able to insert the pause but when I use the speed dial the number is dial but ignore the pause.
e.g 9720123456P9999. What I need to do to make the 3300 ICP see the pause again.

Thanks

It is probably the System option for pause duration that needs to be set. The 3300 does accept/use pauses exactly as the 2K does.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

kwbMitel,

In the system options assigment I can see this:

Speed Call Pause Duration: 3

do I need to changed to 0 or someting else?

thanks

I've dug a little deeper and it would appear that what you are trying to do does not work on either system.

Quote from the 3300 helpfiles:

A Pause cannot be included in a programmed Speedcall in the Multiline IP Set Key Assignment form.

Quote from the SX2000 Manual

A Pause cannot be included in a CDE Speedcall in the Multline Set Key Assignment form.

That's right.

I contacted Mitel Technical support last week with the same question. In system speedcalls you can't enter a pause. It ignores the P's...

Regards

What begems says is not correct.

System Speedcalls can have pause

Personal Speedcalls can have pause

You only cannot have a pause in a speedcall programmed on a line key of the phone.

The help files are quite clear, give them a try.

We used pauses on a CXi for a CDE Speed Call Key and is works fine. We use it to transfer to a VoiceMail Box, the button DN Number is 6000P# this works fine for us.

OK
This is what I did, the user show me how she programmed the speed dial before “super key - pick a key and then on the phone program the key extension 1234 (internal number for voice mail) Insert Pause and key password (1234P4567) and that just to work for her, then we change to 3300 and stop working, after I saw your answers I try this 9xxxxxx1234Pxxxx*4567 (9numberpauseextension*password) and it works what it throw me off is that she say that it works before for some days as just xxxxpxxxx and then stop.

Thanks for all the help

Ok, even experts can get confused. I just re-read those notes again and they specify that a CDE speedcall cannot use the pause. When programmed from the phone, the key is a USER Speedcall, NOT CDE.

What I think has happened is for the convenience of the users post upgrade, someone has re-programmed the keys via CDE. User Speedcalls with pauses must be programmed from the set.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back