Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InfoView => Report Finish but not Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roni1

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Business Objects Enterprise XI Release 2
Windows Server 2003
Interner Explorer 7
Oracle 9.2
InfoView ActiveX viewer

The report runs for 4 minutes, and when it finishes it doesn't show on the screen, unless I click on next page.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks,
Ron

Is it possible that the first page of your report is BLANK.

What is the pagenumber on the first "populated" page of the RPT in the viewer?

This specific report has only one page.

I think that if there IS a next page, then there is more than one page. In design mode see if you have any unused white space--either a report header section that should be suppressed or a section that needs to be resized.

-LB

There is only ONE PAGE. In design mode also only ONE PAGE.
There is no unused whitespace either.

I work with Crystal for more than 10 years. What is happening is something to do with InfoView ... I think.

I think you're right. Didn't mean to offend you. You might want to do a search on InfoView. I seem to recall problems with extra pages with some viewer. A preliminary search yielded a not quite relevant thread (couldn't find what I was looking for) thread782-1296813.

-LB

LB,

You did not offend me at all, and I do appreciate you all trying to help me with this issue.
I also tried the solution on the link you sent me, but that didn't work as well.

I already spent a total of 6 hours with Business Objects Technical Support with no results. They told me that the issue will scalate to a higher level of professionals now.

I cannot update to BOE XI rel.2 if this issue is not resolved.

What happens if you schedule the RPT to PDF format from BOE-XI (R2)...?

Scheduling works in any format, but the report needs to run on demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back