Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INFORMATION NOT VISIBLE IN SUBFORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree3rd

Technical User
Dec 13, 2003
US
I recently increased the number of links between my parent/child form/subform from two (invoiceid and invoicenumber) to four links (subid, invoiceid, projectid, invoicenumber). When I opened the main form to input a new record the fields that contained the non-linked information (amount, allocation, type, etc.) were no longer visible, however, new records are visible and remain visible unless I make changes (which I did by changing the original control source (from the subform table) to a query which includes both the parent and child tables). The information is also visible in the child table and in the query.

Now, I have already check to make sure that Data Entry does not equal "yes". Does anyone have any other reason for this? Could it be I have too many linked field?

Have you made sure that there's something to link TO in all your tables? Just as in a query, if you link to a field that's null, you'll lose that item because you can't link a null.

Look at all your tables, or try to build a query using the same fields you're linking in your form/subform. If I'm right, the query should drop out the same records your form is dropping out.

Let me know what you find...

Art Cabot
Strickland Technical Services, Inc.
Augusta GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back