Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incomming call Delay on analog trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamizvendan

Technical User
Nov 12, 2011
IN
Dear all..

I am installing a new Avaya IPO and when i configure the analog trunk the call was landing on 4th ring. If i change the type as ground start the incoming was fine but unable to make outcall.

Kindly help me..

Thanks in advance..

My guess is that trunk is set for Caller ID and system is waiting for CID info that never comes.
Mike

The delay is to allow receipt of the caller ID, changing the line to loop start instead of loop start ICLID will make it instant but then you lose caller ID :)

Untitled-1.png

Thanks.. mforrence and amriddle01

It will be useful if anyone can clarify about the difference between loop start and ground start...

Thanks

Thamiz

Ground Start lines need a ground connected to the trunk to get dial tone. mainly used in PBX's. the pbx would momentarily supply a ground to the line to provide dial tone, where as loop start lines do not need a ground. at one time the CO provider tarrifed the lines differently and Ground start lines were required in all PBX's. They are rarely used anymore so you would almost always set your trunks to loop start. Or loop start with CLID.
Tim

Plus ground start is only supported on the ATM16 modules and requires that everything be grounded (which it should be anyhow!!).

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

Thanks a lot to all...

I have set to loop start and the call rings on the 1st ring but no caller ID.......

Thamiz

Shouldn't it pick up after 2 rings though if it's waiting for CLID? Our system always gets the info between the first and second ring on analog lines so I set it to pickup after 2 rings.

Is it only the calls that fail to send any CLID that wait for 4 rings? Just wondering if these IPO units are trying to be smarter than you and wait around for info that will never come if it didn't come between ring 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back