Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incoming external Name Display on CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
anyone have any experience on incoming external name display on clid. the system is running Pri's with ND2- 25.40 61C. the CO are able to send the CLID info but no name display ever shows up.I thought with Rls 25 this should work.I have nd2 also.If it works on home to home pots why doesnt it work with PRI.

any idea would be appreciated

The Dchan on your local co pri route must have RCAP set as NDS Disable primary (and backup d) if you have one in LD 96. Ld 17 chg ADAN CHG DCH X CR CR CR TO RCAP to enter NDS) All sets default to NAMA (name and number delivery) so you need manipulate set cls if you don't want all sets to see incoming name and number, oterwise all will see name and #.

roupe, I tried to add NDS but I get this error below. Can you post the print out of you ADAN DCH so I can compare it with my set up.
Thanks......

DES
USR
IFC
DCHL
PRI
OTBF
DRAT
RLS
RCAP nds

SCH0531
RCAP ****
OVL000
>err sch0531
>

SCH0531
Unable to match input with stored mnemonics. The RCAP prompt in overlay
16 has been answered NDS when QSUr QSIG GF are not accessible or with
an inappropriate interface configured (e.g. Sl 1).
Action: Reconfigure accordingly.
Info

documentation says:
LD 17:
CHG ADAN DCH X
IFC NI2
RCAP NDS (XNDS to remove)

Ld 95 add name
LD 11/20 add cls CNDA NAMA

(Found in What's new for Release 25.40, P0942452.pdf, document 553-3001-015)

When I try to change it I get this. What is UIPE ?

IFC ni2

SCH6357
IFC

>err sch6357
>

SCH6357
Interface change is not allowed for UIPE D-channels.

Thanks roupe I'll give that a shot and update

This is an option that needs to be equipped. You need to print you pakges and see if you have option 385, NI2 name. If you don't have it equipped, you will not be able to put the option in the RCAP.

Jerry

Your Interface for your Dchannel has to be NI2 for you to use NDS. the NTP in ld 17 tells you what RCAP value matches with what type of signalling. You cannot change the Dchannel to NI2. you have to out it and rebuild it

update--- I changed the RCAP to NDS when I did that no users were able to call out on the DID's only 1 set in the PBX room that has a CLS of UNR was able to call out . very odd . Calls were able to come in but didnt have it working long enough to see if incoming CLID was displayed .Back to the drawing board.

any ideas would help Thanks

Question look at TN setup on the phone in PBX room and let me know what TGAR it is also print any other phone that could not dial outside and let me know what TGAR that phone has.

My suggestion is that when you did rebuild route and you did programmed same or lower TARG on the route that’s why no one could not make any calls do to TGAR restriction

I never changed the RDB just the DCH on the loops

Phones that could not call out TGAR 1,NCOS 2, CLS CTD.
PBX phone that was able to make calls TGAR 0,NCOS 2,CLS UNR

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 1
DES PRI_DID
TKTP DID
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC NI2
CBCR NO
NCOS 0
SBN NO
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
CPFXS YES
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
INTC NO
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 890001
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 1 *
NDNO 1
DEXT NO
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
TFD 0
DRNG YES
NDRI 01

PAGE 002

CDR YES
INC NO
LAST NO
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA NO
OAN YES
OPD NO
NATL YES
MUS NO
RACD NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

TGAR NO

any ideas?
Thanks

If you are talking to a 5ESS switch, the CO will need to have the following options loaded in your trunk group. "PCN ALW" and "CNAM ALW" The CNAM option if set not set to ALW, will not allow outbound calls with a name sents.

update --- tested calls myself no calls connect going out with nds on dch but name dispay coming in is ok. need to talk to CO on their programming.

We just went thru this. Nortel told us to remove all trunks , reinstall and sysload. We have an 81C so we did most of it off line and the system was only down for 55 seconds. It repaired the clid on the sets, but the consoles continued to have no clid. Nortel then loaded a patch and the consoles went to work. FYi we have rls 25.40. Hope that helps.

Is it possible to get the incoming external name for regular trk lines displayed? If so, can anyone indicate what needs to be done. We have an 11c at Rlse 25.4. Thanks.

reg trunk? I asume you mean not a PRI . you will not be able to get caller info without a PRI the DCHannel on the PRI carries the caller info (name and number)

hope this answers your ?

vztech,
Yes I mean not a PRI. I understand that PRI carries this info on the D Channel but the data is also carried on regular lines because if one has a home phone which supports caller identification you see it so theoretically the trunk card (NT8D14AJ) has access to the same info if it was capable of processing it. It occurred to me that Nortel would provide access to it or have a newer trunk card which could do it. Anyone else know if I am barking up the wrong tree?

As far as receiving a NAME on clid, the CO in the telco side must be set up to send the name. You home CLID is not the same as an incoming trunk for the Telco network. It has just been recent that NAMES were available from the network.

Okay, if names are not available on the line, is the phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back