Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incoming external Name Display on CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
anyone have any experience on incoming external name display on clid. the system is running Pri's with ND2- 25.40 61C. the CO are able to send the CLID info but no name display ever shows up.I thought with Rls 25 this should work.I have nd2 also.If it works on home to home pots why doesnt it work with PRI.

any idea would be appreciated

PRI CLID and POTS (Regular line with FSK signaling) are totally different beasts and getting POTS CLID to work should probably be covered in a different thread.

Back to this one, I have almost exactly the same issue VZTech brought up: CNAM comes in with NDS turned on, but can't make outgoing calls (This is an Option 11C with RLS 25.40B connected to a 5E)

VZTech, did you fix it? Did you have to out and re-install all trunks, the PRI and INI the switch or was it a CO issue, a permissions issue, or...?

How'd ya fix it?

Thanks,

AK

Kasp

it was a CO issue we had our end configured correctly

Ran into the same problem and the solution was to out all trunks and install them with the RCAP set to NDS - however, once that was done - incoming calls came in, but outgoing calls got a re-order (fast busy).

Looking at the PRI messages, it was the CO switch that was rejecting the call. Called the switch tech and we had a 5ESS, the tech set

"PCN ALW" and "CNAM ALW" to "YES"

Once this was done it worked like a charm. Incoming calls instantly displayed name and outing calls worked fine.

As a quick note, I forgot to EDD the switch and discovered that even with the old trunk settings, calls still worked with the 5E's PCN ALW and CNAM ALW set to yes.

This means that you can probably call your phone company ahead of time and get these features changed before you make the trunk changes - avoiding any downtime.

it works without the did because your modifing working data, that's why you had to out the trunks, you also needed a enl msdl x fdl, which puts that data on the msdl card. the edd never has to be done, unless you ini. that's why nortel does one when the two files don't checksum during midn, even if you don't have ld 43 in the drol. thanks for the input

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back