Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming CLID Dropping First Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmcc2

Technical User
May 16, 2002
US
I have PRI T1 trunks that I am now getting incoming CLID but it is dropping the first character of the name. Example, John Smith shows up on the Display as ohn Smith. Any clues as to why this would happen?

Thanks...

switch type and rls? i would look at my enl msgi x (ld 96) on the dch, to make sure the provider is sending the J

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry, Otpion 81 RLS 25. I don't see any name info when I do the MSGI in ld 96.

DCH 59 IMSG SETUP REF 00009D27 CH 72 4 TOD 10:03:28
PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:3617159887 NUM PLAN: E164
CALLED #:5007 NUM PLAN: E164

Thanks

your not getting names from the net, your pulling names from the scl>?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I check the Speed call list and the numbers that I have tested this with are not in any list that I can find. I am pretty sure they are coming from our provider even though I cannot prove it via the MSGI command. We just recently started receiving the CLID names from our vendor. I check with the vendor and he tells me that they turned on the feature about two months ago. I have not had time to work with this problem until now. He claims he has no other reports of this happening with any of his customers.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

How is your CPND, Calling part name display, data block programmed? Do any calls show the correct name? What type of sets?

All names work fine through our private network via PRI and internal calls. I have also done a FDL on the MSDL cards to see if this would fix the problem. We have two T1's and two DCH's both are doing the same thing. We use only M3904 telesets. Here is the CPND print out.

REQ prt
TYPE cpnd
CUST 0

TYPE CPND
CUST 0
CNFG ALON
MXLN 27
STAL NO
DES NO
RESN YES
CFWD FWRD
CFNA ROLL
HUNT BUSY
PKUP PKUP
XFER T
AAA NITE

NITC NI

Try and change RESN to NO and see if it helps. What type of signaling on the PRI? Make sur ethat a RLS ID is programmed, set to 1 if an AT&T type of CO.

The T1 loop is B8ZS ESF. Here is the ADAN; I have tried ND3 in the RCAP with no effect.

ADAN DCH 59
CTYP MSDL
GRP 1
DNUM 15
PORT 0
DES ICG-LOCAL
USR PRI
DCHL 72
OTBF 96
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC ESS5
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 1
RCAP
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

are you sure the rls id of the ess5 is 1? that might be the problem. and the rcap may need nd2, that alone might clean it up. also be sure that you don't have a pni turned on to a central office pri.. if the pni is in the route it needs to be in the cdb also.. the msgi that you posted, did it display a partial name? if so i need to call nortel and find out how they are seeing a name, not on the d, inband on a pri? strange

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am using a ess4 with RCAP set to ND3 and that is all. as far as seeing a name come in I don't when I run MSGI on my spans but I will check again. I do note that more information appears i will post what I get.

Mluckie1, I have not been able to change the T1 yet due to having to remove the DCH and our switch is too busy right now. Can you tell me what your MXLN is set to in LD 95 under the CPND. I am wondering if that can be the problem. I think that the M3904 screen lenght is 22 or 24 and I am set for 27. Could it be that I am scrolling of the first letter? Just a thought. Also this can not be change in LD 95, anyone know how to change this? And what happens when I make this change?

Thanks.

It is set the same as yours is. You only need to disable the dchannel to make the RCAP change. The name for public name is 15 characters. I had 1 site that I had to turn the RESN to no so that clid showed correctly for calls that hunted up the strip. You can probably turn that back to yes.

I have changed RESN to No did not make any difference, change RCAP to ND2 and still no difference. Installed a M2616 to check how it would display and it does the same as the M3904. Anything else?

Thanks

Here is the set up I have.

ADAN DCH 19
CTYP MSDL
GRP 0
DNUM 9
PORT 3
DES dhec.204574.100
USR PRI
DCHL 19
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC ESS4
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 1
RCAP ND3
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

ROUT 17

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 17
DES ATT PRI LD
TKTP DID
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ESS4
SBN YES
PNI 00000
SRVC MEG
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
ISAR NO
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS YES
NDGT 4
DDLY NO
DCDR YES
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8017
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES
DCNO 1
NDNO 1 *
DNAM NO
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
IENB 5
VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
QREC YES
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPD NO
CDRX YES
NATL YES
VRAT NO
MUS NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

mLuckie1, I set up my DCH and RDB as you suggested and had the same results. Do you think I need to do a force download since I made the changes?

Thanks.

TRY NDS UNDER RCAP FOR THE D CHANNEL. I THINK YOU WILL HAVE TO DIABLE THE D CHANNEL TO MAKE THIS CHANGE THEN ENABLE IT AGAIN.

Anytime you make a change to the Dchannel programming I would down load again just incase. Make sure that you have all the patches for PRI/ISDN as well. Confirm that your SRVC on the RDB is correct. I use this with AT&T for LD and Inbound 800 they call it MEGACOM?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back