Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming CLI with SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

assist24

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2006
GB
I'm using SIP trunks with IPO SOE (4.0) and I've got a minor problem with incoming CLI.

When the extension rings, the top line shows the CLI in inverted commas, and the bottom line shows the CLI as follows:

e.g. 01914445555@146.101.248.200 (or as much of it as it can fit on the display (right to left).

This is a problem, partly because it doesn't match the CLI against the phonebook, so shows the CLI instead of the associated name, and secondly, if you're using the log to see missed, received calls etc, the full CLI is not visible as the display is mainly taken up by the IP address.

Any suggestions as to how I can:

1 - get the CLI to match against the phonebook
2 - just show the CLI in the log?

Upgrade to 4.1.12.
There is changes made between 4.0 and 4.1 regarding inc CLI for SIp

Will try to upgrade...... taking forever to download.

With both the current version and first attempt at 4.1.9, the upgrades failed immediately when using Manager. Last time had to default the box through DTE and start again. Any idea why that might be?

Did you reboot your PC after upgrading Manager? I know it doesn't tell you too but I found if you try upgrading any units with a freshly upgraded manager it will fail immediately, a reboot solves it. Just a thought!

ACS - IP Office Implement

A small office needs to be upgraded to 3.2.999 first !!!
It has not enough memory to do it at once

You can find this 3.2.999 bin file in the folder bins on the admin cd you are downloading

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

3.2.999 done first, successfully. This doesn't need to be done again when going from 4.0 to 4.1 does it?

It was rebooted between manager install and trying to upgrade units, so must be something else.

I think you do need to go to 3.2.999
The 4.x software is big and the small office needs to free memory to do this so it will do an offline upgrade

Finally upgraded to 4.1.12 (unfortunatley had to use boot loader) and problem is resolved.

Think I've knackered something else now though, one digi port not working, and one analogue not working......great.

Anyway, thanks for the info on SIP CLI in 4.1.12.

...............probably easy to guess how to fix the latest little problem....

Donkey!

Use System status to see if it regornize the ports
Sometimes a reboot or multiple reboots will fix the problem

No need, I've found just swapping the patch leads over for these two extensions does the job! Got them the wrong way around when I connected the box back up. %-)

ha ha,

go have a coffee and chill for a bit, let the ol brain settle down. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back