Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming calls not showing up on Call Appearance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITfromZX81

Programmer
May 18, 2004
CA
Hi there,

Am I crazy, or should incoming calls appear on call attendance buttons that are not in use?

We have a branch office - they have a hunt group made up of one extension(the receptionist). If she is using the phone, a second incoming call will not appear in Softconsole, and it will not appear in an empty call appearance button.

They say this used to work - I did not initially set this office up, but from what I can tell this should work.

Am I missing something here? I've rebooted, etc. but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

check your hunt group, "call waiting on" should be ticked

and don't forget the call appearance buttons

Didn't work when I put call waiting on the hunt group.

But it did work when I put it on the extension. Do both have to be checked?

Thanks,

- Mike

no, the user call waiting only effects calls to the users number, hunt group call waiting effects the calls to the hunt group number.

I verified this setup on my lab system, at 3.2.17 and I recall this has not changed since I started working on these systems at 3.0

if i remember right. both call waiting have to be on to get call waiting on a hunt group.

I just re-tested this, and the Hunt Group "Call Waiting On" and User "Call Waiting On" do act independent of each other. This is at 3.2.17, might have worked different or maybe it was broken before this release.

Look at the login page of the softconsole program. Make sure call waiting is checked there. I've receptionists uncheck it by accident. That toggles the call waiting function in Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back