Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call to line 1 trips before VM can answer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
Partner R6.0 This just started. Customer reports that incoming call to Line 1 works great in Nite mode (set for 0 rings). Daytime mode set for 6 rings call trips before going to VM (AA). I have heard this b4, I had the client set rings to 5 rings, same issue, had the customer set rings to 4 rings. Worked wonderful, call is answered by AA. I thought Comcast and one of their weird features. Client called Comcast, they looked at switch, only features are CID and hunting, L1 to L2 etc. I ran into this with Charter. They have a feature call hunt to next line after so many unanswered rings. Why I don't know. Any thoughts?

Comcast isn't coming clean - it is hunting on no answer, probably right after the 4th ring. The Partner continues to ring until it times out with no more incoming ring from the CO, so you will always hear 1 or 2 additional rings on the Partner phones when a caller hangs up without being answered. So 4 rings on L1, Partner AA doesn't answer, Comcast starts sending incoming call to L2 instead for 4 rings, then to L3, etc.

Work with them, they will find the flag that is set to on

easiest way to tell is to test outside of the system. Unplug the line connect to your butt set or analog phone and call it, let it ring if it continues to ring after 5 or 6 rings then the phone system might have a problem. But if the phone stops ringing at 4 rings and line 2 rings or the call just disappears then the problem is with Comcast.
Mike

TTT and teletechman, you guys are right on. I was working with the customer by way of cell phone. I'll have to get on my horse and drive out there.

it was the Comcast modem. It took a lot of convincing on the telephone to get one of their techs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back