Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call route to wrong message Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilherme1000

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
BR
Hello guys,

I have a voicemail pro 9.0 working on a win server 2012. I set a simple module called URA. there a menu with an introduction message and 3 options only. the issue is... the incoming call route is set to VM:URA but when I call it, it just give me a personal voicemail message like "wellcome to avaya ip office, dial the extension number...". it's like I'm accessing the *17 code.

I just can't hear the URA wav file.

IP Office V2 9.0.829

any help?

Make sure the module name isn't the same as the system, call it URAMenu or something :)

I also think there was something in early 9.0 about caps and module names. you may want to change the name to something lower case.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

I did it. The module name is URA.

The incoming call route destiny is set to VM:URA exactly that way.

I tried the same thing with another module named "teste" and VM:teste. the same result... [sad]

when I change de destiny to a hunt group, it rings normally.

Assuming VM Pro client was logged in and live when you saved the changes? What about a VM Collect shortcode to the module, have you checked it's actually working first? :)

Voicemail Collect
"URA"

the voicemail says: please, dial the new password... [sad]

Just to be clear, URA isn't the system name is it? Was the VM client live when saving? :)

Run this tool as administrator.
Then call the module and post the outcome here.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

did you try to stop and restart voicemail pro service? give that a try and retest

Choose voicemail node instead of voicemail collect.

tlpeter,

logged out, closed, open again as administrator, login again and same result to the shortcode(please dial the new password) and the incoming call route (welcome to the IP Office...)

amriddle,

the system and voicemail module has different names.

smokinjoe2938,

The services were stopped, the machine was also restarted so as the IP Office, same result...

attex,

tried "voicemail node" and the same message.

The first link is a .vmp file, that's not a system config file and the second link doesn't work :)

And modules worked fine for me when I import (file>import or export) select the two modules URA and teste, ok.

The modules may work, but clicking that link you posted does nothing for me, they don't download :)

First things first though, put the VM server address in, don't let it auto disover using 255.255.255.255 as you have done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back