Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call route to wrong message Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilherme1000

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
BR
Hello guys,

I have a voicemail pro 9.0 working on a win server 2012. I set a simple module called URA. there a menu with an introduction message and 3 options only. the issue is... the incoming call route is set to VM:URA but when I call it, it just give me a personal voicemail message like "wellcome to avaya ip office, dial the extension number...". it's like I'm accessing the *17 code.

I just can't hear the URA wav file.

IP Office V2 9.0.829

any help?

Sorry, but that 4shared site is bullshit, it's full of false download links that are actually links to ads and adware etc. Please use dropbox or just zip them and use engineering.com again :)

Still doesn't work, I think the special character in the name breaks it......

name.PNG

See, worked first time :)

Looks OK to me, except the VM IP address needs pinning down :)

set the voicemail ip address but the issue remains [sad]

The system status shows "mailbox teste". its like the mailbox of teste is answering the call but not the module itself.

I did not read the full thread but did you try a shortcode?
Like *99/"URA"/Voicemail Collect/0
Or create a user in the VM client named URA and link it through the leave start point to the module?

Voicemail Node is not going to do any good, use Voicemail Collect for sending calls to VMPro (like the one Intrigrant specified)

I see you have these Brazilian specific ISDN line, E1-R2, and they may work differently than regular E1.
Have you tried making an ICR from the SIP trunk to the module?

And a third thing, though it should not matter, in ICR you have two routes that could come in conflict: 33249202 & 9202

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

The ICR has hundreds of unnecessary entries, it can function just as well with 2 or 3. Also when logging your IP phones in someone fat fingered an extn and someone tried dialling an external number when the handset wasn't logged in as a result 2 nonsense extns were created, you should turn auto create extn off to avoid this in future :)

Plenty of things to do here, and as the others before me, I had no problem hitting the module.

Maybe try sending the config offline back to the system, to refresh?
Or even run the upgrade again, to make sure all files are in place?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

ok, let's go...

Gunnaro,

I guess is not a issue related to the E1-R2 Line, we have many configured working normally with a VM module.

I have made the complete upgrade yesterday from 9.0.0.829 to 9.0.2.0.860.

Intrigrant,

I have created an user (VM Pro) named URA, set as "leave". How do I link it?

Well, there's nothing wrong with the mods.
And since you're sure about the lines and numbering, I'm thinking:

- Faulty VMPro install
- Routing issues

What does VM Debug say?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

In the VM Client got to "specific start points" > "users" > right click on "URA" and add a leave start point.
Click on "leave" and proceed in the right window, now grab the module and drag it in the leave window, connect Start to the module.
Done.

Gunnaro,

well, VM is working together with contact store and recording normally since dec, so I guess this is not a faulty install but anyway...

Intrigant,

done. no result.
No matter what I digit on the ICR like VM:URA or VM:anything, it will always send to a mailbox called mailbox URA or mailbox anything. "Anything" is not even a existing module.

Check it out

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=de90fdd4-1446-4457-9525-5216ad0ede31&file=print_sa.png
Contact Store? Can't see you have the licensing for that.
Have you tried rolling back to a November config?

That said, I've experience what you describe in R9.1, that the module simply doesn't exist.
But, that's just for a short period of time after a Save & Make Live (2-5 minutes) after creating the mod for the first time.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

yes, I have no license for contact store, its a trial period, we are still providing.

But modules are supposed to work fine [sad]

I guess I will have re-install VM Pro on a new machine or/and erase config e start from the scratch.

I see you have it built as a module, have you tried to build it under short codes?

Mixing in something unlicensed in the Avaya world? You can get a pretty bad punishment.
Like adding one CCR agent above your licensing killed off the entire data collecting.

Take away the CS, see if that makes things work better.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back