Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incoming call block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csquared65

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
US
Is there a way to stop a particular number from calling in?

Yes, create a short code (example).........

*99 feature busy

Create a new incoming call route with the CLI you want to block and point it to that shortcode.

You could take it a step further and point it to a vm module or something like that but you get the idea.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

I am trying to do this as well, I have the short code setup, incoming CLI set, but its matching other incoming routes first (our main AA for instance at this customer) and then going to the AA. Monitor does not show it matching the incoming CLI.

Glad to see the forums are back to full strength (Searchable, yeahhh!).

MW

Follow up, its setup to go to busy, but its not matching the CID, even though it shows up in the log and is the same as I have in the incoming call route:
540175mS CMTARGET: LOOKUP CALL ROUTE:9827 type=0 called_party=1200 sub= calling=7039269553 in=1 complete=1
540175mS CMTARGET: SET BESTMATCH:9827 length 4 vs 0 match=1200 dest="VM:OfficeIncoming"
540176mS CMTARGET: LOOKUP INCOMING CALL ROUTE:9827, calling party is xxxxxxxxxx (masked of course). Using destination "VM:OfficeIncoming"
540176mS CMTARGET: ADD TARGET:9827 number=VM:OfficeIncoming type=100 depth=1 nobar=1 setorig=1
540176mS CMTARGET: SET VOICEMAIL:9827
540177mS CMTARGET: LOOKUP CALL ROUTE:9827 returned 1

Routing:
incoming number: *
Incoming Caller ID: xxxxxxxxxx (same number as shows in above)
Destination: ***99 (which is the short code to busy.

Let's see the settings for the incopoming call routes for the specific caller ID. I prefer to route it to a user which does an unconditional call forward back to their same number(to the original bloacked caller). That way it either sends them to their own voicemail, or they have call waiting, they switch over, and it is themselves calling, LOL.

Are you matching the same number of digits that are being sent to you, I ask as the incoming CLI is matched left to right not right to left, so you will need to change it to suit what you are receiving or it will never match!

Ignore me i am talking rubbish getting confused with incoming number...of course you receive the full number...sorry lol

In actuality you are not blocking the caller from calling in, you are just routing the call from that specific caller ID to whatever destination you choose. You can also route calls with no CLID, or witheld CLID in specific fashions via ICR.
From my experience route them to an AA (duplicate of the main AA with menu options edited) that allows them to be transferred to only an unwanted calls no name recorded VM box no matter what they try to transfer themselves to. Just busy seems to eventually have them call from another number, get through, and circumvent your diverting them. If they think they got through to the VM, they will just keep calling the bogus VM box unknowingly. When they get no response from their message they will simply stop calling eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back