Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call Barring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

config5623

Programmer
Jul 22, 2012
US
Hi all,

I have a situation that after hearing the AA the customer wants a list of 15 extensions to forward to the operator (0) if one of these extensions are dialed.

Incoming call barring doesn't work because unwanted calls are being transfered to the extension dialed because the caller is already in the IPO. The call is handled as an inside extension to extension call. Is there anyway around this?

Any help appreciated, I'm scratching my head on this one, I can't afford to lose anymore hair.

Thank you

Basic question.

What type of voice mail are you using,

Embedded or voicemail pro.

It makes a big difference on how you approach this..

Voicemail pro is more flexible.

Transfer these calls to a huntgroup without members and let it ring infinite, they will hang up after a certain time of wiating not to be answered.

Why not just transfer them to a huntgroup with reception in it?

| ACSS SME |

If you have Voicemail Pro, and you are allowing callers to enter extension numbers to transfer to, instead of a simple "Transfer to $KEY", use Variable Routing matching to $KEY. List the extensions that should route to the Operator, and link to Transfer to Ext. xxx (the Operator), connect No Match to Transfer to $KEY

Embedded will be a lot harder, but if you don't have too many extensions or ranges, it can be done by cascading AA's together

Thanks Touch Tone Tommy,

The voicemail is on a Server Edition. I'll try what you suggested on Monday.

Again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back