Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Forwarding Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTN

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2004
US
I have a customer support phone that has a DID assigned and a toll free number ported to it. Internal 4-digit calls, external inbound local and toll free calls all work fine. At night we have to forward this to a cell phone - here's where the problem is:

I forward the phone to a cell phone
If I dial the phone internally (4-digit) it forwards to the cell phone with no problem
If I dial from the outside (outdie line dialing inbound)it rolls to voicemail - it doesn't forward

This is driving me up the wall. I've tried every combination of CLS codes I can think of and it just won't work for me. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks,

-Tony

Option 11c
Phone: 2008
Key 00 - assigned a DID number

This is the setup of the phone in question:

DES SEDD
TN 015 0 00 03
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 6166
TGAR 8
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTA SFA MRD ADV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHA FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTCC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
EFD
HUNT 000
EHT
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2181 0 MARP
CPND
NAME HLPLINE
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 4181 0 MARP
02 SCR 5181 0 MARP
03 TRN
04 CFW 12 912405551212
05 ADL 16
06 ADL 16

Here's a little more info:
First and foremost - I have just started working with my current company - they inherited this Option 11 from the last company that accupied this suite. Because I could spell T-E-L-C-O and actually knew what it meant I was given the responsibility. I have no experience with the Nortel.

I am working my way through the "simple" stuff for now (add, move, change, etc.). I have worked with other switches in the past though, and understand some of the terms/logic.

That said - in this case I am wondering now if my issue is not in the CLS but in the NCOS rules. How do I PRT NCOS?

Thank you.
-Tony

ncos is a set feature that is married to a frl in a rlb, (ld 86).. in 90 you send a npa, nxx spn etc to a route list block. the entry in the rlb will point it to a route and assign a frl (fac rest level). if you ncos on the phone is =to or greater then the frl then you can make the call. frl to ncos mapping done in ld 87 prt nctl 0 7 will print the map between these values. normal frl1=ncos1 ... the ncos itself has no additional attributes. if your coming in on a tie trunk and it has a ncos lower then the frl of your outbound rlb you will get a block, you may be able to bypass this by using your acod (ld 16) on your rdb. forward to the acod +xxx xxxx.. only if you have an allow table in 49. from the phone try to make a call to the forward target by using acod+.. if you can make it that way then you may be able to forward. another blockage can be tgar to targ match. if those two match on the sets or the trunk to trunk conf then you have a block. to remove a targ proceed it with an x.. in case you misswed part of that it's a two week on fast forward..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back