Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMS Voicemails to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cepolly

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2003
US
I just wanted to post that this now works referencing the following thread:

Jamie77 had it right below.
"If you are running IMS now, VM Pro should be setup for MAPI, which should be fine. Check VM Pro settings in Control Panel.

Just set an email address for the user and select the option required."

I have one user with Windows 7 and I set up email to COPY to his email address in the Voicemail tab IP Office Manager App.
I entered his email address in the Voicemail Email field.
Below that you have the options to off, copy, forward and alert. I selected copy.

He now gets his voicemail to his iPhone as a .wav file attachment.

I have another iPhone user with XP that I did the same as above. However, for her I left the IMS sending email embedded as well. The reason for this is she wants the option, when she's in the office, to dbl click the VM in her Outlook and then have it play on her desk phone speaker but she can pick up the handset if it's a sensitive message.

So she has the best of both worlds.

Glad I get some things right!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Yep.

I don't know why I never tried those options before. It would have saved me many hours of frustration.

A new problem just cropped up.

On my one user that just has the VM's going to his iPhone, we are getting a file but it's not playing.

It shows as a downloadable file with a very long path name as if it's referencing the location on the Voicemail Server.

It shows as: C:_xF8FE_Program%20...

Can anyone shed some light on what could be happening here?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

The fix for this or really workaround was to remove the Exchange account from the iPhone, restart the iPhone and then re-add the Echange account back.

UPDATE PART 2:

I just received word that the user is experiencing the same problems as noted above.

The iPhone reverted back to what is described below:

It shows as a downloadable file with a very long path name as if it's referencing the location on the Voicemail Server.It shows as: C:_xF8FE_Program%20...

When you try to download the attachment, it downloads, but cannot play and seems to be in an unrecognizable format.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back