Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Impossible vector ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL110

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this can be done or not, but if it can, it might just save me from many many hours of work! We're running CM 4.0.1.

Here's what I'd like to do:

Caller would dial extension (VDN) xxxx and have it answer with a prompt like: "Please enter the patient's room number followed by the pound sign."

The vector would insert a "7" in front of the digits collected, then the call would be routed to the new number created.

For example, if 318 was entered, the vector would route the call to extension 7318. If 4123 was entered, the caller would be routed to extension 74123. Yes, I realize that I'm mixing 4 and 5-digit extensions -- no problem there, just trying to figure out how to weave the "7" in to the mix.

I thought I could do this with a variable, but don't know how to have the system concatenate the static "7" with the collected digits. Thought of using the converse-on step, but doesn't seem like the right command. I suppose I could write a zillion steps like: if digits = 318, go to vector xx step xx where that step would read: route to number 7318 and so on. Problem is there are over 150 possible numbers. I would also have to filter for incorrect entries using a VRT.

Any ideas? Am I just dreaming with this one? Thanks for a reality check or possible solution.

Scott

How about something like this.

01 collect 5 digits after announcement 551234 for B
02 set A = none ADD 7
03 set digits = A ADD B
04 route-to digits with coverage n

The # really would work if the digit length can change. You'll have to wait until the inter-digit timeout to move to the next step.

how about..

lets say you're mixing 4 and 5 digit

01 collect 3 digits after announcement 12345 for A
02 collect 1 digit after announcement none for b
03 set c = none add 7
04 goto step 7 if b = 0 (if they hit pound after entering 3 digits will be 0, or if no entry should be 0)
05 set d = a catl c (concatenate on the left, digit from c)
06 route to number d with cov y if unconditionally
07 set e = a catr b (concatenate on right digit from b)
08 set d = e catl c
09 route to number d with cov y if unconditinally

Thanks for the feedback JP and Zen. I'll have to set up a couple of tests and try 'em. Appreciate the quick responses.

Scott

Keep in mind that with the "ADD" command, you would need to add 70000 for 5 digit numbers, not just 7.

The CATL command is probably easier and a variable probably isn't even needed if you're just collecting the digits to route to them.

I would just do:

01 collect 5 digits after announcement 1234 for none
02 set digits = digits CATL 7
04 route-to digits with coverage y

Well here's a problem, if I try to use the "set" command, the system tells me that the call center release must be 3.0 or later.

I did a "DISP CAP" but couldn't find our current level of call center. Back to the drawing board.

Scott

do a disp sys cus

the first line on the first page will be
G3 Version

V13 is CM 3

Hi Zen,

Very interesting, my report indicates that we're V14. Unless Avaya counts backwards, I should be good-to-go. What's even more confusing is that on page 6 of this report, it reads: Call Center Release: 12.0.

Time to call my BP or Avaya rep. Thanks for the assist.

Scott

just fyi
my call center release says 3.0 on page 6
page one G3 version says v13

also on page 6, bottom right,, is vectoring (variables) "y"

Yep, got vectoring (variables) listed as "Y.

most likely a license issue,,, we had to have it re-loaded a couple of times after our upgrade,,,, your BP should be able to take care of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back