Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing .vbk issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfdeck

Technical User
Jan 24, 2014
CA
Heya all, new poster here.

I have a problem importing .vbk files in a old call pilot 100/150 (Voice Mail Version: 31.10.23.22 )

I'm trying to import .vbk files in it.

I DO NOT get the 'usual' error message about not being compatible or stuff like that. The import seems to go smoothly but nothing changes:

1- If I import it into a empty company greetings, when I play it in the callpilot menu = nothing plays

2- If I import it over an existing company greetings, when I play it in the callpilot menu = old message keeps playing.

I tried all the possible combination of operations:

Import - play
Import - save - play
Import - save - close - reopen - play
Import - play - reimport - play etc

I tried this on 3 computers, 4 different browsers, *2* different callpilot (my lab and the customer's) and get same exact issue. I DO NOT get any error message.

Just in case it was a format issue, I tried recording the .vbk with 2 different version of callpilot player (2.50.06.27 and 5.01.02.02) to no avail.

The .vbk files plays fine in the player, it is not a mike issue (even if it was, then it would record silence over existing messages instead of keeping the old message).

Please help!

Thank you

What is the file size?

CallPilot 100/150 allows you to import a maximum of 10 minutes of greetings, prompts, or names. The size of the .vbk file cannot exceed 470 KB.

Save recording file as
• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

Note that it's a hit an miss when using microsoft windows media player to save files , I found using Roxio worked best.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I'm still in the process of testing so the files are a few seconds long at best.

As for the format: I'm using callpilot player so I can't change settings and therefore cannot mess it up.

Change what settings in CP player?

Use a recording program and save as a .wav file using these settings:
• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

Next use Callpilot Player to convert the .wav to .vbk

Next use Callpilot Manager browser to import the file.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I'm not sure I understand.

You are telling me that instead of recording the file directly as .vbk USING CallPilot player I should instead use another software (with the correct settings) record in .wav and then use the same CallPilot player to convert them in .vbk?

Greetings curlycord,

I stumbled upon this post while searching on Google. I have the exact same issue as jfdeck.

I did exactly as you described. I saved the audio file as wav using a recording program with the settings you provided and later opened it with Callpilot Player v4.04 to save it again as a vbk file. The resulting vbk file plays perfectly on the Callpilot Player but I get the same issue as described before which is when clicking on "Send" I get no error message nor any indication as to what is happening. Basically nothing happens.

I'm wondering if it's because the Callpilot doesn't have enough space? Is this possible?

The greeting i was trying to import was only 5 seconds long. I even tested with a 1 sec greeting but still same outcome.

After more searching around i believe i found the reason for this problem. As per the below post, it seems to be a bug with Callpilot build 31.10.14.22 that's causing this issue (this is the build i have).

So now it seems i have to upgrade to a new build. This opens another can of worms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back