Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

images on continous subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyTilia

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
Hi,

First....
THE QUESTION: How do I get a continuous subform that displays LINKED images based on a [filename] field in the underlying table??

Second....
THE BACKGROUND:
I have two tables:
1. Vessels
2. Images

and two corresponding forms:
1. a main form that displays vessel information
2. a subform (inside the vessel form) that displays images of the vessel.

The image subform uses an Image frame with VBA code that changes the .Picture property to the image path based on the image table [filename] field.

Make sense so far?

This works fine when the subform property "default view" is set to "single form" as the Image.Picture property is re-set with each Form_Current event.

HOWEVER, I would really like to display this subform in "continuous form" view. Ha! Then all the Image frames show the same picture!!! ...because of course the Form_Current event is only happening once, not repeatedly for each image viewing.

So once again...
THE QUESTION: How do I get a continuous subform that displays LINKED images based on a [filename] field in the underlying table??

THank you for any help--
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back