Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identify SW Version of CPPM w/o login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesam

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2022
US
Title says what the question is.

I've got a 2nd hand CPPM seller claims passwords are reset....but they aint. I'm trying to figure out what SW version installer I need to use to reset the password. Or do any of them work?

The warranty info has a start date in 2010 so I'm guessing 5.x or 6.x?

I thought that the later releases used the "pdt" login of resetPWD and it was menu driven to reset the accounts and passwords?

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

that is the case Firebird covered in the Security Management Fundamentals NN43001-604, the retrieving the users/passwords by decoding the Memory locations went away at release 4 I think.

Is the PDT password the standard one if so you can enter command "sl1Version" to get the details

To reset the passwords following the steps in the security NTP does not require you to know the passwords, however it does involve inserting the install card. I have never had to do that while not knowing the version, I would hazard a guess that it either works or it complains and tells you the version you need.

just had a thought you say the reseller reset the passwords, they may have done but if it still thinks its in a security domain the passwords would not be relevant. You can normally tell if there is a pause between you entering the password and it refusing, if this is instant then its probably not in a sec domain, if you think it is in a sec domain there is also steps to get out of that without passwords.

Yea theres a pause. I dont see anything on PBXbook about getting it out of a Sec domain...

This also requires the install media but like I mentioned just try one see if it errors and tells you the version you want.

Switch to local authentication
In the event that an element belongs to the UCM security domain and access to the Primary
or Secondary UCM Security Server is interrupted, or a device is removed from the security
domain, users with network administrator permissions can still access local elements using
local authentication and authorization methods.
To reset authentication to local, follow the steps in Switching to local authentication on
page 260.
Switching to local authentication
1. At the device CLI, enter CTRL-P, CTRL-D, CTRL-T to start PDT.
Do not enter your UserID at the prompt.
2. At the prompt, enter the authentication reset command:
resetCAUTH
The authentication reset initiates and a message appears stating that you must load
the installation media into the removable media drive within 60 seconds.
3. Load the installation media into the removable media drive.
Once the installation media is confirmed, the authentication type is set to LOCAL.
4. Remove the installation media and, if prompted, insert any backup media.
To rejoin a device to the UCM security domain, you must issue the appropriate command, as
described in Add or remove elements from the UCM security domain on page 237.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back