Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICP 3300 Call logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

melfineo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2008
FR
Hi,

Is it possible to log what external calls are being made and from what extension? Does it require any extra equipment or software?

Regards

You can use a maint command to look at the SMDR logs (you will have to ensure that the appropriate log has been turned on though - Report outgoing calls set to yes- I think this is found in the SMDR options assignment form, or something to that effect). The command will be:
Logs read sndr all match xxxx (xxxx being the extn)

Aside from this I think a dedicated call logger will be best

Edit:

That above command should be Logs read SMDR (not sNdr!) all match xxxx

Sorry....

Thanks very much that looks to be working great. Where can I find out what the headings of the columns should be and what the various letters stand for. It seems to be that incoming calls are on two lines and external are on a single line.

06/24 09:51A 00:00:18 T008 003 800 0 T 807
xxxx427071 800
06/24 09:51A 00:00:03 807 xxxxx427071 T002
06/24 09:49A 00:00:04 T007 005 807 807
xxxx427071 807
06/23 01:27P 00:00:03 807 xxx651 A T001
06/23 12:23P 00:00:03 807 123 A T001
06/23 12:22P 00:00:03 807 123 A T001
06/23 12:09P 00:01:49 807 xxx322 A T001
06/23 11:31A 807 425388 T003
06/20 04:05P 00:04:07 T008 003 800 T 802 T 807

Also, any ideas on how I may be able to organise this into a meaningful report?

For reports i think you need call accounting software

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

It would be handy even if I could get it to put in delimiters so I could easily import to excel and show incoming and outgoing with ease.

You don't need delimiters, the system outputs with values in clearly defined columns.

In excel, open the file and chose the fixed columns option.

You can collect the data via telnet port 1752 if you choose.

The help files in the 3300 define the columns.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I know this thread is old and apologies for bringing it back.

I was looking for a free call logging system a while back (we are a high school with very limited funds) so in the end I set about writing my own.
If anyone would like to try it, its available at (no its not commercial software and yes I own the site, sorry for the advertising!) It may work for you or it may need tweaking to work, I've only had our 3300MX to test with so it may fail miserably as the settings will most probably be different.

I am actually on hols at the mo but I'll give it a whirl when I get back and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Hi, i have another question:
When opening a telnet-session to port 1752 (or a direct serial connection) we get real-time call logging. BUT when the telnet session accidentally gets closed, data gets lost because the next time the telnet session is opened we don't get the buffered call logging data. Now is it possible to access the internal buffer through a telnet connection instead of collecting the data through the logsys command or through the OPS?
Thanks for your answer J.

Layne5,

If I understand correctly, the issue is with losing the data already captured by the telnet application but not saved.

That being the case you should use an application that will write what is captured as it is captured. Procomm works for me.

Hi kwbMitel,
The issue is that when the telnet session gets disconnected for whatever reason, the data gets lost because there's no buffer. The data is sent real-time on port 1752.
So i wonder if the call logging data is buffered somewhere on the MITEL and if we can access this buffer through telnet. J.

You may have the Real-time SMDR options enabled.In the web admin go to System Administration > System Options > SMDR Assignment and check if SMDR Real Time Reporting is set.

Not sure if that is the problem but it cant hurt to check :)

Layne5,

The Mitel buffers up to 20,000 records.

Once they are collected via port 1752 they are removed from the Mitel.

Your issue is post collection.

My earlier suggestion stands.

Hi kwbMitel,

You say the Mitel buffers up to 20,000 records and once they are collected via port 1752 they are removed from the Mitel.
The problem is I can't access these buffered records by port 1752!

When i make a connection to port 1752 i don't get the buffered call records but ONLY the real-time call information?! Am i doing something wrong here?
J.

Is it possible some other device is collecting data?

I've never encountered a situation where the calls are not buffered unless they are being collected.

BaccyNet's suggestion about the real time reporting option is valid. I do not turn on this option normally.

Hi, after lot of testing I found the problem.
We programmed in Application Logical port Assignment:SMDR Logs => continous => LPR1 and then apparently ONLY real time reporting is done...
When removing this line, we can acces the buffer next time we make a connection to the port 1752.
Thanks all for your help!
Regards, J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back