Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i2050 Softphone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eunderkoffler

Technical User
Apr 8, 2008
US
OK, here is a weird issues that I'm having. Today I installed the .exe i2050 from Nortel's site. I'm assuming that is a full version for 2 days because it is saying it will expire on Friday.

The issue that I'm having is when I call other VOIP phones on the CS1000. I can hear the other party but they can't hear me.

The weird part is, when I call people that are connected to the SL100 I can hear them and they can hear me just fine.

I'm not sure why people can't hear me when I try to call other VOIP users on the CS1000.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a routing issue.

can you ping the VoIP phone you are trying to call from your PC?

Can the VoIP phone you are trying to call ping your PC?

from that PC can you ping the default gateway that the sets you cant hear are on?

Mato' Was'aka

We can't ping the sets because we are blocking ping requests.

Yes, I can ping the default gateway that the phones are on.

Is there anything special you have to setup in the cs1000 in order for this to work?

Nope.

Can you put your computer in the same network as your other VoIP phones, and see if that corrects the problem?

That does not correct the problem. Do you think you have to have a Nortel USB headset in order for it to work?

I don't get it why it will not work with other VOIP phones connected to the same CS1000. Our CS1000 is then connected to a SL100 and they all work fine with the voice in both directions.

There is a setting on the softphone config that lets you select between SL1/CS1000 etc - did you try to change that? I don't think it is the problem but could be worth a shot. I think it is more likely a routing issue or some other config issue on the CS1000. You don't need a USB headset for it to work. I use ear buds :)

Found the problem. It was an ACL that was causing this. It works not. Thanks.

Star for you - good job finding the solution yourself :) As you see it is hard for us to 'guess' what the problem might be - gotta usually start with the 'simple' first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back