Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i want critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
RO

This site is finished with the help of oldnewbie in the first place and bigbaddave. THANKS GUYS!!!

I know that sometimes it is a little slowed down but that's because the flash_mc has a big width.
Hope you will like it!

Regards,
Dragos.
dragos.jpg

Thats a nice site but for me it runs choppy, and no i dont have a slow puter.

What is the frame rate you have on that?

Yeah thast probably why then.

It looks great man. I love the background pictures. If you dont mind me asking, what program did you use to edit those background pictures??

I am learning but graphics i am horrible at.

Nice, rally nice. I'm a flash complete newbie, so it all looks funky.

Firehawk734's comment about the frame rate, I think it actually suits the rest of the design. Flickering lights and that futureistic computer type feel.

Good work!!

i prefer smoother movies, but thats just my preference. The site looks great, love the graphics.

I have to agree on the frame rate thing, that movie would be sweet if it wasn't so daRn choppy..Button animations run slow, transitions, takes away from all that great work and design..

Up the framerate, something, that movie is a power hog..

logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

25 fps is fine for smooth motion - the fact that the movie is set to scale 100% will have some impact on it working smoothly, if you set it to specific dimensions and then centre it in the screen there will be a slight perforamnce advantage.

As for the look and design, I'm sure Eric Jordan is very proud...

I usually run my movies at 40 fps, but like i said, I like stuff very smooth.

Nice site. In the contact form hitting 'Tab' in the last field should maybe take you back to the first field. It stepped me through everything else, then crashed my Explorer.

Nice work on the site.

Ok, you wanted a critic?...

When I click through on every different section, you know how those blinking bars run across?....theres not one on the furthest right...and one of your pictures (profile section) doesnt stretch all the way over, so you get a quick goodbye of the picture below. Also from that, when that frame thing comes in afterwards, it hovers over the edge of that picture...it just bugs me...sorry.

"As for the look and design, I'm sure Eric Jordan is very proud..."

Speaking of ol' Eric, i'm sure we've all seen "Expansions" (if not its worth a peek), those outline effects, panel overlays and flying lines and arrows...are they all Flash effects?? or perhaps Adobe After Effects?

just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back