Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i want critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
RO

This site is finished with the help of oldnewbie in the first place and bigbaddave. THANKS GUYS!!!

I know that sometimes it is a little slowed down but that's because the flash_mc has a big width.
Hope you will like it!

Regards,
Dragos.
dragos.jpg

Hello!

Tkinter: what is the resolution of your computer?...the site is fixed right now only for 1024X768....so if you are on another resolution...everything is messed up....i will make it fixed for all resolutions.

DeepBlerg: everything is made in flash.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
Regards,
Dragos.

Regards,
Dragos.

dragos.jpg

Guess what?! It doesn't run at all under IE 5:Mac... but then who cares, right?

I have to say that it seems Flash is only being used to create the as I've heard it "futurist computer" design. Now don't get me wrong, that is a very good look. But Flash was designed for animation, and has wonderful random abilities. Why aren't sites being created by Flash with this in mind. I'm not implying some Donald Duck look and feel, but when do we start to stray from what 2advanced did?

It is a good site though, and it is obvious much time and effort went into it.

Frozen!

Not much snow here! But -30 degrees celcius tonight.

-18C = 0F.
-40C = -40F. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Preety cold there oldnewbie... :)) glad to see you again on the forum! How it was in France?

How are you guys? I am working at a new web site now and i will post the link for critics too...

The IN is the second one that i did using Flash...i know that it runs almost clear only under IE 1024x768 resolution...but i have learned from my mistakes and i think that for the next site you won't have to give me so much critics.

FlashMax: In Romania the Mac's aren't used so much as it is in your country and in other countries...even if i wanted to test the site on a Mac i could't because i don't even know somebody who got one...sorry

Regards,
Dragos.

Reguardless of what the user base or market share is or is not, there are still considerations that SHOULD be made for the the users out there.

A properly coded and tested site should run on the major operating systems and browsers. That is- IE, Netscape, Win and Mac.

It is not difficult to accomplish as I do it every day. There are certian things that one will do that the other won't, but as to a flash movie flat not running on a Mac platform- IMHO that is inexcuseable. A client will never accept this, nor should you.

IF your site runs on IE then it SHOULD run on Netscape- additionally if you can run on a wintel box then it should run to some extent on a mac. Personally, I have yet to encounter a situation that it wouldn't . I do experience odd anomolies on Netscape (we all know netscape sucks) especially on the Mac version, but - for me- simple javascripting on the html page will take care of this.

I have no clue what is keeping your site from even loading on the mac platform, but I would be delighted to help you figure it out.

Kevin Howell
Briefcase of Talent
Austin, Tx.
briefcase@briefcaseoftalent.com

Can't really say if Dragos' site works or not on all browsers and on all Macs, but at some point you've got to call a time out.
I can't see his site on my old "Golden" 64k ram (Apple clone!) either! Mind you I didn't have a modem on that machine, nor did Flash exist then, maybe that's why! [pipe] Regards,

oldman3.gif

Well I can tell you this for what it's worth.

At home I freelance on a pc. At work I design on a mac. Using both platforms daily, testing on both daily, on browser versions 4 and up (my boss makes me old), I have come to one plain and simple conclusion;

THEY BOTH SUCK!

ps: I hate computers :)

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Orlando's snow getting at you Carl?

BTW, we're in 2003, how about virt2003? Regards,

oldman3.gif

Well good thinking. I tried to change it just now, got this error:

Improper Handle

Please use only alpha-numeric handles (no spaces or special characters)
Please hit the 'back' button to resubmit your information.

All I did was change the 2 to a 3 in my profile, tried to save changes got that error.

This is why I hate computers, simple change to the cgi script in my profile is telling me i'm using inproper characters or something, I change nothing but the 2.

:(

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Is that the way you had changed it last year?

Didn't think you could just change your handle like that! Thought you had talked to Tek-Tips? [sadeyes] Regards,

oldman3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back