Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I NEED TO KNOW AVAYA ADD MOVES AND CHANGES BASICS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshhems

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2012
US
getting a job they said they will train me but i would like to know the basics!!! to not look like a jerk i know nortel in and out someone please bless me with their wisdom!

LOL!
There is an installation how-to pdf on the SD card.

There is also marketingtools.avaya.com/knowledgebase

This is not the website you are looking for. /theforce

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Go on the 40 hours basic course first otherwise you will have a hard time.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Take the Avaya course, its the best way to start. marketingtools.avaya.com/knowledgebase is helpful, but you will need an Avaya SSO login for the technical stuff. Also the Help button in Manager is a good tool.

And according to your posts in the Nortel forums, you say you dont know much about Nortel. This isn't a forum for free training.

I dont go to my car machanic and ask him how to make repairs to my car.

or save your money on the course, and buy an IP406 with ATM trunk cards, a couple of phones, and install it at home. use your laptop with Manager and run VM Lite. If you can stretch it, buy one with a loaded dongle (licences) and learn VM Pro as well.

all the help you will need is on the press of F1 to get you up and running.

a defaulted IPO will ring phones out of the box...

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Will this proficiently tech me ip office buying a system?

I think the translation software/site hasn't worked very well there :)

It will proficiently teach you how to use it, as long as you read and explore the system. However, taking the 40hr course will also teach you. Especially if you get an instructor who is also an installer and can teach you tips/tricks that you wont find in a manual. /selfpromotion

Having a system on hand is very nice for learning. I probably would step up to the 500v2 with a combo card and some decent licensing. Maybe you can get a demo kit through your company.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Any good places to purchase then what are avayas basic system names .how much are courses and where at ?

If your company is a BP, they can order it through a distributor. Not sure where you're from, but some names in the US side are Jenne, Catalyst, a few others.
Training? Catalyst does training (eh...), Innovatia, Westcon. I think the courses run about $2500 for 40 hours.

Here is a list of the courses provided by Innovatia for IP Office.

There's a schedule on there as well. I would note however, they won't do one-off classes. You'd have to get into a class with several people for it to run.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Which courses would you say are most valuable courses to employers

Start with the 1225, then do the 484 to learn the advanced stuff. '

However, you should sign up at avaya-learning.com and do all of the online hardware data components courses first.

I think all this stuff is on R7 though, last I remember. Nothing has been brought into R8 yet.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Ok thankyou I am highly proficient on nortel this shouldn't be a problen o bought an option11 to learn nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back