Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i need some useful information

Status
Not open for further replies.

rargi2002

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
AR
Hello I want to know in detail what files do i have to add to my exe file in order to prepare the distribution disc to my clients. Do i need to install visual foxpro 6.0 on my client's machine? or just add some files or dlls?
Please let me know which files to include on the disk

thank you very much for your time and help

Hi,

If you're using InstallShield to do this. these are 3 .dll files that you need to include in setup disk:

Vfp6renu.dll
Vfp6r.dll
Vfp6run.exe

You don't have to install Foxpro on client's machines, just include these dlls and it should work.

.exe icon
foxuser table
data tables
vfp6renu.dll
vfp6r.dll

the two .dll files are really big so you can either burn them to dis or email them and place them when you get there.

Everyone does it differently but creat a folder on the drive you need. in the folder place the icon,foxuser table, and dll's. I usually create a separate folder for my tables and stuff so the tables would be in a folder in the main folder if that makes sense. I should run then. You can just right click and drag the icon for a shortcut

HI rargi,

Use the VFP6s setup wizard and create your distribution. This will take care of the distribution issues and that will be safer.
In addition to what diem mentioned, there could be other files related to ODBC etc connectivity and such files. These files required purely depend on your executable.

So best way will be to create the setup files.

Once you are into VFP7 .. instashield is the setup creation utility.

Hope this helps :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

hello guys thank for everytime you help me.
this time is about a monitor resolution problem. I have done my form on my pc with a monitor resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. When i take the exe to my client's machine the program is big enough, of course, they have another monitor resolution( 800x 600 or so). How could i set by code the different monitor resolution in order to let my program change automatically.

thank in advance

You will need to specifically create your forms to take different screen sizes into account. You can retrieve the current Windows settings using the SYSMETRIC() command.

Some people make their forms resizable. Others make different forms for different size screens and call the appropriate one depending on what SYSMETRIC() returns. As for me, I make all my screens as small as possible and allow them to be sized by the user. My current project would work on a 640x480 resolution monitor.

Ian

Hey rargi, pls do not forget to read thread184-248426

Regards
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back