Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Nortel CS1000 question. I 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayapbxtech

Technical User
Oct 2, 2006
US
I have a Nortel CS1000 question. I need to know if there is a way to find a TN that is connected to a Jack. When I plug a phone into a Jack that is supposed to have a TN connected to it, the phone is DEAD, so is there a way using Software to determine that TN, or do I need to Tone out the Jack back to the MDF so get the TN? I understand that the TNs go into a deactivated status when not connected to a Phone or DN. We are moving phones into offices that we are sure that a TN connected previously, so I need to understand the process for finding the TN connected to the Jack on the wall. Any help wow;ld be appreciated.

Even if it is DEACT the phone should flash and if you have a display on it the DATE and TIME will show. If that's not happening you need to tone

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

PERRYPHJ - Also, once I find the TN from toning it out, how do I attach it in software to the DN? What is the command for assigning the DN to the TN ?

what is the command (in Details) for attaching a DN to a TN? I have a user's phone that he moved to another office. The office where is was previous the phone Jack is DEAD when I plug a phone (3902) into it, and then Jack in the office where he took the phone is also DEAD. His Extension or DN has a TN assigned when I do a "dnb" I am not sure how to get his phone working but to TONE it out. Any Suggestions? Please provide the Command for attaching the DN to the TN, as I am not sure what command do use once I find the TN at the Demarc.

if you can do a dnb then you don't need to "attach" the dn to a TN, the TN is listed on the DNB.

You might be a good Avaya tech but it sounds like you need to call in a Nortel guy if you are so confused.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

It might be wise to remove "30" from DROL in OVLY that is found in LD 17, then try to enable all the digital cards in LD 32 using the command ENLC (Slot number, assuming that you have an Option 11 type setup)

Once done, all your digital extension ports will remain live and you can just plug in the phones and hopefully dial a display number to confirm the extension number of the phone that you have plugged in.

If you have a current DNB or TNB, then this can be put into an excel format for easy viewing.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

Hello chaps

By my own admission i don't pertain to be the worlds Guru on the Nortel Meridian/Option 11/Cs1000 product but i do use these fine machines to repair a veritable cornucopia of IP/TDM phones on a day-to-day basis.

Therefore i think the gentleman/Lady/Person may be encountering a problem whereby all of the ports on a given DGLC may not have a phone attached to them, and the card may be in an out-of-service state (ie downed with the red light illuminated on the faceplate of the card).

I have seen this myself on our lab test rig, if we have a power outage and the system reloads, any DGLC's that do not have a phone attached to any of their ports will remain in a downed state - and this means that the ports are electronically dead with no power feed present.

To cure this login to the system, load LD 32 and issue the ENLC command on the slot number of the card that the port/Jack is connected to. Yes, this means that you must know the card slot allocations. Alternatively use LD 32 to STAT the cards and check for any that are disabled.

Hello chaps

By my own admission i don't pertain to be the worlds Guru on the Nortel Meridian/Option 11/Cs1000 product but i do use these fine machines to repair a veritable cornucopia of IP/TDM phones on a day-to-day basis.

Therefore i think the gentleman/Lady/Person may be encountering a problem whereby all of the ports on a given DGLC may not have a phone attached to them, and the card may be in an out-of-service state (ie downed with the red light illuminated on the faceplate of the card).

I have seen this myself on our lab test rig, if we have a power outage and the system reloads, any DGLC's that do not have a phone attached to any of their ports will remain in a downed state - and this means that the ports are electronically dead with no power feed present.

To cure this login to the system, load LD 32 and issue the ENLC command on the slot number of the card that the port/Jack is connected to. Yes, this means that you must know the card slot allocations. Alternatively use LD 32 to STAT the cards and check for any that are disabled.

Everyone thanks for your input. I am good now and was able to successfully move phones. I think I injected some confusion initially into this thread as I wasn't clear with my question as I was a little confused as to how to word what I wanted to accomplish. I was really trying to find the TN from a Jack in the office that wasn't active. The Manager was insisting that the TN should be LIVE when in essence it wasn't even cross-connected, or in a deactivated status. I traced the TNs from the Jack with my Toner to the MDF to find the TNs then I just did the MOV command to bring in the phone to the desired Jack.

Thank for all the responses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back