Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot access my PIX Firewall through ASDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

marflo500

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2007
DM
Hello All,

I came in to work today and suddenly my PIX 515E refuses me access. I normally log in through the Adaptive Security Device Manager but today when I first logged on I got a message saying that the ASDM could not load the PIX configuration and that I should check the configuration and try login on again. There was no way for me to check the configuration since I have Telnet Access disabled on the device. So I closed the ASDM and tried again but got the same response 3 times. After the fourth time or so I could not get past the login screen. At first I thought that I was entering a wrong password but after a few attempts I realized that the PIX was just refusing to accept my login info. Does anyone have an idea as to what is happening and how I can get nack into my PIX?

Thanks Liam

Are you using Sun Java, and if so, what version/update? I'm using Java v6-update7. I found that when I went to v6-update12 my ASDM would not work.

It's a known issue with Cisco and they suggested I go back to update7... I did and it worked.

Jake Garcia

Run Application and go on to the ASDM
When You Are in ASDM console with this error go to the
File and than Clear ASDM Cache, thats all
Regards George

Did you set up the access rights for the IP that your computer client is using at the ASA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back