Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I bought this Phone... Sim Unlock? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2003
US
I bought this Phone, Siemens Pocket PC SX56. Running Pocket PC 2002. When i insert my Sim Card it ask me for a Sim Unlock Code. The phone was perviously on an AT&T network and now i am trying to put it on a cingular network. Cingular says you need to unlock the phone before we can help. And AT&T says "We don't have that information". Can anyone help?

The SIM unlock is usually a password that the user applies to the SIM card to prevent unauthorized use.

If you've forgotten the password, I'm not sure if there's much you can do, short of getting a completely new SIM card.

Time to start hacking! :)

Maybe try the phone number of what the card used to be set to, or 12345?

HTH,
C

Sim lock is something done by companies who sell subscriptions in combination with free or cheap phones.
It is done so the phone can't be used with another provider.
Unlocking can be done by the company who sold the phone.

Jan.C

And they were unable to provide any assistance, However i found a way to get into the bios of the phone and with the help of a serial cable and some software was able to hack the phone. i have been using it now for 3 months

I have a similar problem. Can you point me to the software that you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back