Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I-ATA Port on 66 block 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealKMK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
I want to connect a Polycom Sound Station 2W. Can anyone tell me what pins on the 66 block utilize the ATA port on the Nortel CICS?

I connected the Sound Station to pair 20 but I have no dial tone. Do I need to activate the ATA to get a dial tone.

default programing should give you intercom dial tone you may need to program the extension for outside line access

try plugging in a single line set to test the port to see if it's not the polycom unit

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

The Polycom is new, just got it today. I connected pair 20 to a phone jack as instructions indicate.

I connected an analog phone and have no dial tone. I don't think there is anything on pair 20. I don't have a Butt set so I can't test for a dial tone unless I hook up an old phone to it, but as I said, I tried that and got nothing. Can you expound on "programming the extension". The polycom doesn't indicate an extension number. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

did you try pair 20 on both cables, you need to be on the one that you connect the co lines to.

the iata is on the yellow slate (as you now know) on the 25 pair cable that hold the lines (not the stations)

if you are sure you are on the right cable and pair and don't get anything (dial tone or even battery) you may have a bad cable or a faulty system

if you go into programming under the maintenance section and look at port 117 it will show you the dn number, then you can go into the terminal and sets area and program the trk group access

since the i-ata does not have buttons you need the trk group access code that the set is allowed to get normally "9"

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I am sure that I am on the right pair. I have used the pair 20 on the same side that the CO lines are connected. My stations are all connected on the other side of the 66 block.

If I look at the programming under maintenance, Port/DN status and look at port 117 on the B1 side is says Device: None. State: unequipped. The DN number is 55.

When I enter the Terminals and Sets area, I can't pull up 55.

Sorry for the confusion. I was wrong, the I-ATA is listed on P117 on the B2 Side. I tried hooking up the phone to that pair but still nothing. :-(

P117 B2 shows DN 37, State: Idle. I think I am in the ballpark now.

Still no luck. I don't understand why; under Maintenance, Ports/DN, I see P117, B2, DN 37, Device = I-ATA. It would make more sense if it were on B1 on the CO side of the Block, not the Station side. I am at loss. Thanks for trying guys. I will keep trying to figure it out.

Where is Col. Carter when you need her? :)

Agreed, Port 20 yellow,slate on the Lines Amp cable.
and that could be a bad amp.

Go to Terms&Sets under the IATA's DN and program 2 Intercom keys and make Prime Line pool X.
Go to Capabilites/Hotline and make it External and add a pause as the diled digit (F78 for a pause).

Just for CICS try hooking up the polcom then call it to see if it rings.

Could be a blown port in which case you need to replace the cabinet.

And make sure it's an analog Polycom, if it's a Norstar Polycom then you need to use a digital port.

Also here is the Norstar forum for future:

and the wiring FAQ's

Thanks all I can think of.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Hi guys, I think I have it figured out. I paid a "Professional" to install this equipment last year as I was unfamiliar with it. All My experience had been with G3 PBX.

I brought in my Multi-Meter this morning and started looking for the -31 vdc for the ATA port and found the pair that it is on. It appears as though the "Pro" installed the 66 block upside down! Since he didn't label anything it was not readily apparent.

I have connected the base station for the PolyCom to Pair 20, DN 37 and I get a dial tone but the audio is horrible. Very tinny and seems almost mechanical in tonal quality and is hard to understand at times.

I can receive a call but I don't seem to be able to initiate one. Not sure if it's the way the intercom works, or perhaps the programming is not correct. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

You need to go into the terminals and sets, set 37, prime line, of the programming and see if DN 37 has access to a line pool. If not, you need to give it access to whichever pool the rest of the folks are using to get out on. I'd also go into the system programming section under access codes and make sure that the access code set up on pool A is 9. This location could conceivably be using any of the other line pools but I've mostly encountered CICS systems that use pool A since it's the first and it just doesnt make sense to use any of the others first. This will tell you if the pool has been programmed. Of course, they may not be programmed to use a pool at all depending on how the lines are programmed (i.e. each person could have their own dedicated line), but this is not probable unless there's only a few phones on the switch. You could always go look at line 1 and see if it's programmed as line type pool A or public. I would check all of the lines to be sure. If they're programmed as public, then you might need to get them to let you assign one of the lines (the lowest one is the one I'd suggest...such as line 7 or 8) as Pool A and then make sure you set the access code for pool A to 9 as explained above. Then you would need to assign pool A as the prime line in the set programming for DN 37 under the terminals and sets section of programming. Good luck.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

Sorry, the first line of the above post should read:

You need to go into the terminals and sets, set 37, Line Access, prime line, of the programming and see if DN 37 has access to a line pool.

I forgot the line access heading.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

Thanks for the feedback. I have set all the parameters that have specified but still no luck in making an outside call. When I try to dial a number the message I get back says that the number I have dialed is incorrect and when it repeats back the number I dialed it always starts with 37. When a call comes into our main number the PolyCom lights up and rings like any of our other phones and I can answer the incoming call, but I can't make an outgoing call. I think we have run out of options. I will keep playing with it until I figure it out. Thanks again for all the input from everyone.

Neal

When I press 9 on the intercom on a regular phone I get Line 2 and a dial tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back