Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i am trying to display a frame in the [b] middle [/b] of the screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckarl

Programmer
May 5, 1999
GB
Visit site
I want to be able to display a freame in the centre of the page (or near there) and i cant think of how to do it. I know i can make 9 frames of cols and rows, but there <i>has</i> to be another way. What about a <u>pos</u> command for positioning or something ? <br>
<br>
can anyone provide easy to understand syntax for my problem?? <br>
<br>
Thanks if you kan <br>
<br>
-karl

Try this. It will give you one frame across the top, three in the middle and one along the bottom. The frame in the very middle is spaced 15% from all edges of the border.<br>
<br>
&lt;FRAMESET ROWS=&quot;15%,*,15%&quot; BORDER=&quot;0&quot;&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;top&quot; SRC=&quot;top.html&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;no&quot; FRAMEBORDER=&quot;no&quot; NORESIZE&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAMESET COLS=&quot;15%,*,15%&quot; BORDER=&quot;0&quot;&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;left&quot; SRC=&quot;left.html&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;no&quot; FRAMEBORDER=&quot;no&quot; NORESIZE&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;main&quot; SRC=&quot;main.html&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;3&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;3&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;auto&quot; FRAMEBORDER=&quot;no&quot; NORESIZE&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;right&quot; SRC=&quot;right.html&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;no&quot; FRAMEBORDER=&quot;no&quot; NORESIZE&gt;<br>
&lt;/FRAMESET&gt;<br>
&lt;FRAME NAME=&quot;bottom&quot; SRC=&quot;bottom.html&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; SCROLLING=&quot;no&quot; FRAMEBORDER=&quot;no&quot; NORESIZE&gt;<br>
&lt;/FRAMESET&gt;<br>
<br>
Matt

another way you could try is to use an <i>iframe</i> to do so, just insert an <i>&lt;iframe source=<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> width=&quot;xxx&quot; height=&quot;xxx&quot;&gt;</i> where you want the frame to be; right in the HTML code of your page. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

if this is a static page... not changing the source of any files called up into the frameset... you should probably try tables

i'm going with rivkah on that one...tables are much more simple...done right, you can get the same effect you're probably looking for with those frames...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back