Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt GroupVM indication on button 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hello

Is there a way to light up a button for messages left for a hunt group.
I searched tek-tips but all I found was how to light up the general notification lights and not specific buttons.

With my setup it currently lights up the visual mail button and the main notification light on the top of the set but I would like to know if I can have a notification button for each hunt group?

I thought that a button with a voicemail collect with "?Main" would light up but it doesn't.

I know I can push the visual mail button and it will display there on a list but I would rather notification for each of the different hunt group on different buttons.

Thank you

What version of software are you using on the ipo.

I believe on 10.0 you can now see a visual indicator for a users voicemail box
A secretary can see the managers mailbox on a button.

It's a new feature MWI indicator.

ya but he is asking for hunt group messages left and have it lite up a certain button on the phone

Sorry I should have included
It's 9.1.12 essential edition embedded

Joe2938 is right I'm trying to light a specific button for hunt group messages.
So glancing down at phone the user can see which hunt groups have messages.

H(group name) with out the parentheses in the User Source tab (i.e. HMain). Been around for a long time.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Budbyrd, I have that set and working but all that does is light the main notification light on the top of the set and the round visual voicemail button. With this there is no way to tell if the message is for the personal mailbox or one of the hunt groups you just know you have a message somewhere.

I am trying to have notification on one of the programmable buttons. That way if they have multiple hunt group mailboxes they can look at their phone and know exactly which group has messages instead of an ambiguous general notification light.

The best you can do is Visual Voicemail. It's pretty simple. Press the Message Button, enter password if applicable, and look at the screen. The first mailbox is the user, and the mailboxes below can be other users or groups provided the Source Numbers have been programmed.

One-X Portal may be an option as well if they have the licenses for it. I doubt they do if they are Essential only.

I believe this is 10.0+, but give it a shot anyways.

Program a Visual Voice button on the phone. Label would be the name of the group and action data would be the hunt group number.

This may only work for users though...

I have tested this on 9.1.12. It's just a visual voice button. No MWI.

Thanks for the help
I'm glad I wasn't missing an easy obvious solution.
It just seems like it would make sense to light the hunt group voicemail collect button.

Just checked this on 9.1.4

Feature Overview
 Programmable button on user phone to monitor MWI status of another user's voice mailbox
 Pressing the button takes user to that mailbox.
Works for users and hunt groups, across the SCN

user 200 wants to monitor users 201 mailbox.
user 200: if monitoring "user 201" mailbox add a users mailbox U201 to source code
Button programming; add visual voice- Action-from the drop down list select 201

user 200 wants to monitor Huntgroup 666 mailbox.
user 200: if monitoring "group 666" mailbox add a users mailbox H666 to source code
Button Programming: add Visual voice - Action- from dropdown box select Huntgroup 666.

Hope this works

show him some pink love then if this was helpful to you

IPO help files

Visual Voice
This action provides the user with a menu for access to voicemail mailboxes. The menu provides the user with options for listening to messages, leaving messages and managing the mailbox. If no action data is specified, then it is the user's mailbox. Action Data can be used to specify the mailbox of another user or group.

note Note
You can also use the "H" and "U" user source numbers to add another mailbox to your Visual Voice menu. See User | Source Numbers

If the Action Data has been configured, pressing the button for an incoming call or while a call is connected sends the call to the user mailbox specified in the action data. If no Action Data is configured, the user is prompted to enter a mailbox.

On phones that have a display but do not support full visual voice operation as indicated below, use of the button for user mailbox access using voice prompts and for direct to voicemail transfer during a call is supported (does not include T3 and T3 IP phones).

Access to Visual Voice on supported phones can be triggered by the phone's MESSAGES button rather than requiring a separate Visual Voice programmable button. This is done using the option System | Voicemail | Messages button goes to Visual Voice.

Action: Emulation | Visual Voice.

Action Data: All local users and groups and all users and groups on systems in the network, except for the user on which the button is being programmed.

Default Label: Voice.

Toggles: No.

Status Indication:. When action data is configured, the status lamp provides a message waiting indicator for the monitored mailbox.

User Admin: No.

Phone Support Note that support for particular phone models is also dependant on the system software level.

Star for sgrossman. I didn't know the Visual Voice button option could be used for MWI on a button. It still also shows in the normal VV but if you need what the OP was looking for this will work. Tested on both users and groups.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

* given as I did not know this was possible, even though in my opinion it is a waste of a valuable button that could be better used elsewhere

(there is always someone who will want to do things differently so it is nice to know they have the choice)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back