Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauliz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2010
EU
Hello,

I have the following configuration of the hunt group with 6 members.

HUNT GROUP

Group Number: 30
Group Name: Help Desk ACD? n
Group Extension: 5012 Queue? n
Group Type: ddc Coverage Path:
TN: 1 Night Service Destination:
COR: 1 MM Early Answer? n
Security Code: Local Agent Preference? n
ISDN Caller Display:

The users are complaining because the call is only pass to the next extension when the first extension is busy, if not the call continue ringing without forwarding it to the next extension.

Is there any option that I have to configure so the call will be forwarded after 3/4 tones to the following extension?

Thanks in advance.

If what you are asking is there a way to spread the incoming calls to HG 6 more evenly between the members of that HG then the answer is yes. You have configured the HG to be a Group Type DDC, or Direct Department Calling. So all the switch will do is to pass the call to the first member of the HG unless they are busy. Change the DDC to UDC. Uniform Distribution Calling. This will spread the call out more evenly between memebers of the HG. If that is not your question than I would need more clarification to the exact situation you are asking about.

Thanks for your answer koglass.
The problem is that users want a secuential distribution.

1.- ext 6010
2.- ext 6011
3.- ext 6012
4.- ext 6013
5.- ext 6014
6.- ext 6015

When someone calls the hunt group. If the call is not pick up on the first extension, the call stays there and it is not forwarded to the second extension(6011).
Could it be configured as if user of the ext 6010 doensn't pick up the call after 4 rings the call goes to the ext 6011 and if it is busy to the 6013.
Thanks in advance.

So it sounds like someone at 6010 gets up and walks away and their phone rings and rings. If the users are within ear shot of each other you could build a call pick up group and add a button to each station. When they hear the ring they could use the pickup button to answer the call. Or how about a coverage path in the HG that goes to a Cover Answer Group with all the HG members listed in the cover answer group as members. Then is a call rings the HG for x number of rings and is not answered it will follow the coverage path to the cover answer group and ring all members in that group at once.

I am new to this but would RONA (return on no answer, Rings the station if that station does not answer the system logs them out and directs call the next station). work for you in this situation.

Do they log into the HG? I ws under the assumpiton you have a plain HG with 6 members.

Hello Koglass,
What do you mean? I have included 6 members on the hunt group.

Hi,
I still not resolved the problem.
Could it be solved the problem if we configure a coverage path on the hunt group?

change coverage path 21 Page 1 of 1
COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 21
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 2
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? n n

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: 6011 Rng 2 Point2: 6012 Rng 2 Point3:6013 Rng 2
Point4: 6014 Rng 2 Point5: 6015 Rng 2 Point6:

Thanks Koglass,
I tried that you told me with pickup group, but there is a problem because as the phones are digital intead of ip, it doesn't works they only see a red light button.
I tried with coverage answer group, but now user doesn't want that all phones rings at same time.
Users wants that if the call is not answer, it has to go to another extension on the hunt group.

IS is possible to do it.
Thanks in advance.

Try changing the hunt group to a circular hunt group. From the manual:

This hunt group type is an alternative to the “ddc” or “hot-seat” algorithm in a hunt group. Communication Manager keeps track of the last extension in the hunt group that received a call. When another incoming call arrives, it is sent to the next idle extension, bypassing the extension
that had received the previous call. The first extension in the hunt group will no longer be the busiest telephone while the others in the group are sitting idle.

And the red light on a digital station's call pickup button is the indication that a phone within the pickup group is ringing; just press the button to answer the call.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Thanks SF0751 for your answer, but the problem is that users want that if a call is not answer because the person is out of his desk after three rings the call is forwarded to another person include in the hunt group

Create a new coverage path for the hunt group, and make the destination of the coverage path... the hunt group. That way an unanswered call will redirect itself to the next available station in the list.

Susan

Thanks for your answer.
Do you think that it will work in the following scenario?
Someone calls the hunt group and at the firs station (6010) there is nobodoy and don't answer, then the call will go to the coverage path and it will redirect to the hunt group, but as the first station 6010 there is no body. In this option is there a loop?.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

No, because 6010 aleady had a hunt group call, so the call should go to 6011 next, and so forth down the line.

Susan

Then Should I configure the coverage path as follow?

change coverage path 21 Page 1 of 1
COVERAGE PATH

Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 2
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? n n

COVERAGE POINTS

Point1: h30 Rng 2 Point2: h30 Rng 2 Point3:h30 Rng 2
Point4: h30 Rng 2 Point5: h30 Rng 2 Point6: v204(announcement + voicemail)

No. Use this:
Code:
                      Hunt after Coverage? n                               
                Next Path Number:          Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA    

Station/Group Status      Inside Call     Outside Call             
            Active?             n              n               
              Busy?             y              y
      Don't Answer?             y              y         Number of Rings: 2   
               All?             n              n 
DND/SAC/Goto Cover?             n              n

COVERAGE POINTS    

Point1: h30 Rng 2  Point2: v204 Rng 2  Point3: 
Point4:            Point5:             Point6

Susan

Thanks for your answer.
The problem is that user wants to have a ddc configuration because they want that the first extensions receive all calls and if that person is busy or is not in their desk, the call is forwarded to the following available extension till the last user of the hunt group.
If I configure coverage path as you tell, if the person on the first extension doesn't answer it will go to the cov path, the call will go to the 2nd extension, and if that extension is free it will go to the voicemail. And the users wants to go for all extensions before finishing to the voicemail. I had thought to change the coverage path to:

Point1: h30 Rng 2 Point2: h30 Rng 2 Point3: h30
Point4: h30 Rng 2 Point5: h30 Rng 2 Point6: v204

I think that in this case the call will go to the second extension and if the second extension is free it will go again to the first extension and so on. I think that it is a loop.

What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back