Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipper2

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
US
How do I set up a CCR tree to answer a line and transfer to a hunt group if no one answers the call defaults to a general voice mail box. I have managed to set up the CCR tree and HG but the caller is routed to the voice mail of the frist HG member.

I have not been able to get a CCR tree to route a call automatically, unless I set the HG DN to be the operator DN. I haven't tried this recently (maybe 3 years), so I'm not sure if that will work. Worth a try, anyway...

FS

Ok, I will give that a try. What do you reccomend on going about setting this up? All I want to do is have the caller hear a greeting that "they have reached the help desk" and ring a HG with 2 members if no answer or busy go to a general VM.

set up your CCR tree Call rings in "thank you for calling so and so" Greeting 1 Path 0 "If you are calling for the help desk press 1" Path 1 is a transfer to the Hunt group DN for the 2 Phones set to broadcast ring to both phones
set you time in Q to 24 Seconds (4 Rings - six sec per ring cycle) set overflow to 100 General delivery. should work!

KDB

Thanks for the information I will give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again for all your help.

You cannot overflow a hunt group to a Mailbox. The only way that I know how to do it is to set up a mailbox with the same DN as the Hunt Group DN. Put the Hunt group DN as the extension of the mailbox. Have the hunt group to overflow to the VM DN. For example:
Hunt Group DN: 707
Mailbox: 707 assigned to extension 707.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

DiditelD, Thanks gave it a go and it worked. Thanks.

I made the change and it works however when I press 1 it rings and rings and comes back with the folling "the person you have called is not avaliable" then repeats the CCR message. How do I get the call to roll to the VM box after ringing the HG?

You may have to adjust the transfer call back timer or the DRT timer. Make sure that you have the Mailbox extension the same as the Hunt Group DN.

You can't. There should be no need to. The HG DN is 707. Create MB 707 and program the ext for the MB as 707.

Overflow your HG to an unused port/extension number, and build your mailbox with that extension number

Thanks to all, this forum ROCKS!!!!!!. It works... Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back