Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hunt group with PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastalComm

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I have a PRI with 100 DID numbers. My customer is wanting to use analog stations off of an ASM to go into an Audio Response System (this is an IVR type system which allows customers to call into it and retrieve checking, savings balances.) Can a hunt group be set up with 3 analog DID stations? If these 3 stations are busy can the norstar be programmed to give the 4th caller a busy when calling? Are can call fwd busy be used, and will the 4th caller be given a busy? Any help would be appreciated.

hunt group settings override callforward settings for the set

and you can queue, overflow or provide a busytone option when all members are busy

We have tried the busytone option with no luck. It's as though the Norstar is not communicating over the D channel to the CO that the hunt group is busy. Am I missing something in the programming in the Norstar. Right now I'm at a lost.

As far as your PRI is concerned all channels are available to one DID number unless you have it partitioned. ie 23 calls to one number. Caller won't get busy signal unless all channels are busy. You can have your telco limit the number of PSTN's and set up their own hunt group.

If not Its what you do with the calls at Norstar end that counts. Your client may want to look at increasing the number of ports on his IVR.

I appreciate ya'll responses, I've figured out a way for the 4th caller to get a busy in the hunt group.

did u assign the target line to the hunt group, and in the target line and hunt group both set to send a busy tone?

The problem that was discovered was that the physical target line was assigned to the Analog phone. This created a channel for the target lined to come in on, thus making the phone not busy. We removed the lines and only assigned 3 members in a rotary hunt group, and to make busy if no members were available. The hunt group was assigned to answer Target lines 175, 176, and 178 to pick up immediately. This seemed to work. I was actually quite shocked. I thought like telemarv, and said, since the PRI has available channels you can not make it busy unless all channels were busy.

Nam555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back