Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkoeh

Programmer
Nov 12, 2004
US
I have a mics 7.0 with one receptionist. This incoming lines ring into hunt group 728 with the recept being the only member. It does this so she can call foward to her voicemail box after three rings and her voicemail doesnt answer external calls. After 6 rings, AA picks up and runs their CCR tree. The problem is that when she takes a call, her phone doesn't ring alerting her another call is coming in. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks
Jeff

That's how the Hunt Group is supposed to work.
It's a "poor mans" ACD. Members can only receive one call at a time from the Hunt Group.
You should probably look at a different call flow.

Why does the receptionist need a mbox?

Typically, the primary purpose of the receptionist is to answer and redirect calls. Why would somebody want to leave her a voicemail.
We usually associate the receptionist phone with the General Delivery mailbox. This provides a place to send MWI for the mailbox and allows the receptionist to retrieve the messages and forward them to the appropriate party.

I would suggest removing the receptionist mailbox.
Assigning the main number to the receptionist phone.
Set the reception phone to FNA after 6 rings.
Set the AA to answer after 4 rings.

SD

this system is for a church and the recptionist needs her own box for her own job functions. I understand that this is how the system is designed but didn't know if anyone knew of any workarounds. I can't imagine what I need here is that unusual

Yep. This is not the norm.
Detail what you want to have happen and how she uses her mailbox and I'll see if I can help you out.

Operation extention 210.
Answers Line 1 - 4
Gen Delivery Mailbox disabled
CFNA on set 210 3 rings (cannot pick up CO lines) just transfered calls and internal intercom calls

AA picks up after 6 rings

All of this works but if the receptionist is on a call, she needs to be able to see/hear another call coming in.(she likes to talk and would never get off the first call if she didnt have to.)
Hope this clarifies my needs.

Thanks

Jeff,
Here's some options that come to mind.
1) Make the C.O. lines appear only on set 210. They will blink when a call comes in, but won't ring, therefore they will not forward to her mailbox, but will provide a visual indication that an incoming call is there.
2) Make the C.O. lines ring a Chime. Put 210 in the same pickup group as the chime and she can retrieve calls with a programmed button for the pickup group.
3) Same as 2, except use a nearby set for the audible ringing instead of a bell.
4) Use a combination of options 1 and 3 so she gets visual and audible alerts.
5) Assign a Hunt Group for her Personal DN, then use the overflow to send the Hunt Group call to VM and into her personal mailbox. This will allow you to remove FNA from set 210 and assign Lines 1-4 to appear and ring on 210.
This solution is a bit more complicated, but probably best suited for what you want to accomplish.

HTH!

SD

Have Set This Up On A BCM 50

Set All Call To Go To Her Phone ( V-Mail Will Work Ok )
FWD All Calls To Spare Phone
Set Key On Her Phone To Monitor Spare Phone
This Works OK.
The Voice Mail Will Work As Well

Chris

I thought of a solution to my problem.

If I create 4 seperate hunt groups for the four incoming CO's and point them all to the receptionist, they will all ring regardless of whether the receptionist is on the phone.

Thanks for all your help

Really???

Did that work Jeff?

As I remember, HG's look at switch-hook status and only deliver the call if the set is idle.
A user can "logout" (for lack of a better term) from a hunt group by using DND, which essentially makes the set look busy.

SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back