Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group out of service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggizod

Technical User
Aug 21, 2012
US
Hi. I have hunt group with 3 numbers , one of them is front desk phone. Front desk has button#12 set hunt group out of service , I created shortcode *20*N# and *21*N# to set HG out and clear HG out of service , voicemail is on, when HG is out of service call should go to lobby ext which i set it up in Fallback /Out of service destination. Ring mode is collective call waiting and Front desk phone is the 3rd in the User list at that HG. When user press button "set hunt group out of service" nothing happens call still ring on her phone. But I can manually change by changing Mode in Fallback tab .
Why its not working ? What else should I check ?
Thank you .

You don't need shortcodes to do this. Advanced, set, set huntgroup out of service. It's a toggle button, so you only need the one. Make sure the hunt group extension is in the action data for that button.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

You're setting the group into "Night Service" but you've only assigned the "Out of Service" fallback destination, they need to be the same :)

Which print screen u mean extension button program OR HG fallback settings?
Do u mean Night service dest and Out of service destination should be same (but what if they should go different place)?
Night service destination is by default when not assigned goes to Voicemail-AutoAttendant, Out of service dest goes to different extension -not voicemail.

Button 12 is for group 3302, you are talking about the fallback of group 3300. For group 3300 there is only a "night service" button, so there is no way to set that into "out of service" :)

ohhh , u r right... I focused on hunt gr settings and missed button settings mistake. Thank you so much it works now . Have a good day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back