Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Membership within SCN R9.0.8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurban

Vendor
Sep 14, 2010
US
Has anyone run into an issue where group membership enable/disable can't be toggled?
We're working on a 2 site SCN system with the HG's at the primary location (have tried at both and get the same result).

Members at the remote location can not toggle their HG membership; and, we can not enable or disable the membership through Manager. We can remove members from the groups, but the users can't use an enable button to toggle whether they get calls or not, nor can we just uncheck them in Manager. Within Manager, we can uncheck a user, then click OK without issue, but when the screen refreshes, the users come back as checked every time.

We've tried creating new groups, deleting and recreating users, etc but get the same result each time. Local users (the ones on the primary system) do not have this issue - only the users on the other system connected via SCN.

We've changed the SCN trunk from fallback to normal and recieved the same results as well. Our next step is to delete the remote users from the groups and delete the SCN trunk completly, reboot each system, then re-add the trunks to see if this is still present. After everything we've tested, we don't think it'll work and this is feeling more and more like an Avaya case to us. Admittadly I may be forgetting something since we've been doing a lot more Server Edition than SCN, but I feel like we've covered all of our bases.

Just tested on my 9.1.3 server edition by adding a user from an expansion system to a group on the main system. User added without issue, but cannot tick/untick the user.

Definitely looks like a bug.

Also just tried on a 9.1.4 SE with IP500v2 Expansion - same issue.

| ACSS SME |

And I just tested on 9.0.8 SE - Same issue.
DND button is the easy workaround for now, we're opening a case for 9.0 today

Any update on this? Having exactly the same thing. Seems like corruption to me. Ive heard that using a 9.1 manager on 9.0 systems can corrupt the config and cause issues like this. We are also having issues with calls not distributing correctly accross a 9.0.8 SCN which may be related. This is causing incorrect stats in Xima and packets are reportedly being missed between sites....

There's a patch for this exact issue - for 9.0, but it works properly in 9.1.5
Xima - Check security settings for TFTP, something changed and you need to manually configure that to have it all working properly

Thanks Nurban, just tried 9.1.5 and it works fine.

I have all of the TFTP options ticked under unsecured interfaces in security settings, but not sure if there is somewhere else I should be looking?

Worth a call to Xima - off the top of my head that sounds right to me

Seems that there may be other bugs with 9.0.8 SCN that arent resolved using 9.1.5 manager. The group membership tab of users is blank (not evern unticked groups), but when you go to the actual groups they are meant to be a member of they are there and enabled...........

So 9.1 Manager for hunt groups... But with the fear to destroy the 9.0 config by using 9.1 manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back