Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group and EC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambrock

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2009
US
Our helpdesk is setup with a hunt group that rings calls to 4 stations. I would like to add my desk phone to the hunt group, so I can receive calls when the helpdesk staff are unavailable. However, I don't want those calls going to my cell phone when I have EC500 enabled. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

I think I can make this work with a hunt group, but I can't figure out how to make a bridged appearance receive calls from a hunt group?

Thanks.

I would make a second extension on your phone, and added that extension to the hunt group. EC-500 will only active when your main extension is dialed.

Scott

How can I add the second extension to this phone? I tried creating a virtual extension and then add a bridged appearance, but for some reason the calls from the hunt group aren't going to the bridged appearance.

what type of phone is it? Also how does the call get to the hunt group?

Ideally i would just create a whole new extension, not a virtual one. Once you have that extension created, assign it to another button on your phone.

Scott

It's a 2410d. Callers call our helpdesk's main number (3148) which is setup as a DDC hunt group.

Can you tell me what button type I should use to add the new extension? Is it possible to create an extension without creating a station first?

I was able to get this working. Instead of adding the bridged appearance to the hunt group, I added it to the cover path. Since I wanted to be the last member in the hunt group, this accomplished the same thing. I then configured EC500 to not send calls for a bridged number to my cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back